Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sizing the Respironics Wisp mask
Question 
Sizing the Respironics Wisp mask
A question pertaining to mask size. Using the sizing guide that Responics provides I should be using the s/md but I find that exhaling is restricted and uncomfortable, kind of panicky if you will. Is there an answer for this? Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask
I'm not sure if it's related to the size (I use a Large), but early on I discovered that if the mask slipped up too close to the nostrils it became hard to breathe. The bottom of the mask can block the nostrils. I think the solution was to lengthen the top straps and tighten the bottom ones so that the back pad rides lower and doesn't pull the mask upwards.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sizing the Respironics Wisp mask
I found the Respironics sizing guide to be way off for me. it indicated i should use a small and I hated it. i use XL and it is perfect for me now.
just try the different sizes that come with it to see what you like ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,864 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 273 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 356 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 866 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 876 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,760 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,406 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.