Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First zero leak night
First zero leak night
After having cpap for 6 years I noticed this morning that last night was a '0' leak night for me. I realize this isn't a big deal, but wondered if this happens to other people on a regular basis? I've increased the humidity and lowered the temperature just a bit for comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First zero leak night
Congrats GrammaBear! Was changing the temperature and humidity the only changes you made?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2015, 09:12 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Congrats GrammaBear! Was changing the temperature and humidity the only changes you made?

Yes, and I only made those changes because lately I've been having nosebleeds during the night. My husband said "Maybe you need more humidity at night now that we have turned on the heat in the house and it dries out the room air." I actually prefer sleeping in a cool room anyway and IF I had my way (which I don't) ....I would have the window open a little bit just so it stayed cool.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GrammaBear,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your 0 leaks night.
It’s good that you changed your humidity settings to help stop your nose bleeds. Before I started CPAP, I used to have nose bleeds all the time in the winter because of the dry heat. After CPAP, they are a thing of the past, YAHOO.! I hope you have the same results I have had.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2015, 11:22 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi GrammaBear,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your 0 leaks night.
It’s good that you changed your humidity settings to help stop your nose bleeds. Before I started CPAP, I used to have nose bleeds all the time in the winter because of the dry heat. After CPAP, they are a thing of the past, YAHOO.! I hope you have the same results I have had.

Thanks Trish. I would much rather change the settings on my cpap machine than to have to launder bed linens from having a nosebleed.....guess that means I'm a bit lazy???

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2015, 07:59 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: I realize this isn't a big deal, but wondered if this happens to other people on a regular basis?
On some occasion, I had zero shows on the machine sleep report (is that what you're referring), can happen but not much to dwell on
In general, I can sleep through leaks but cannot tolerate leaks (large or small) disturb my sleep or comes close my eyes ... YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe that Gramma is talking about median=0 and 95%=0

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 5 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 236 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 151 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 672 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.