Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fischer Paykel Icon Auto review???
RE: Fischer Paykel Icon Auto review???
(05-15-2014, 06:47 PM)critterdoc Wrote: Requesting the clinician's manual was one of the first things I did after the DME offered the Icon upgrade option, but the only way I could find to get it was via the email option and I've not heard back on that request yet.

Critterdoc, I just sent the manual to your email address.

(05-15-2014, 07:20 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I would send that request again then. It is automatic.

Nope, it's not automatically sent. I do each and every email Clinician Manual request by hand. I get about 100 emailed manual requests every day, roughly. I usually send out a batch every 6-8 hours, but hardly ever does anyone have to wait more than 24 hours.

Fortunately I have templates that allow me to cut and paste a lot of it, but it has to be done manually since that's the only way we can maintain legal distribution as per the Fair Use copyright laws. Not everyone gets a manual - they must not be asking on behalf of a commercial establishment or commercial medical facility (they must be asking for their own personal educational use only - as a sleep apnea patient). See HERE for more info.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the explanation, Boss.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2014, 08:50 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Nope, it's not automatically sent. I do each and every email Clinician Manual request by hand. I get about 100 emailed manual requests every day, roughly. I usually send out a batch every 6-8 hours, but hardly ever does anyone have to wait more than 24 hours.
I guessed that it had to be manually handled, but I didn't figure you got THAT many requests!

I certainly appreciate the time and effort you put forth to provide us PAPer's this excellent resource.
Thanks Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2014, 08:50 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(05-15-2014, 06:47 PM)critterdoc Wrote: Requesting the clinician's manual was one of the first things I did after the DME offered the Icon upgrade option, but the only way I could find to get it was via the email option and I've not heard back on that request yet.

Critterdoc, I just sent the manual to your email address.

(05-15-2014, 07:20 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I would send that request again then. It is automatic.

Nope, it's not automatically sent. I do each and every email Clinician Manual request by hand. I get about 100 emailed manual requests every day, roughly. I usually send out a batch every 6-8 hours, but hardly ever does anyone have to wait more than 24 hours.

Fortunately I have templates that allow me to cut and paste a lot of it, but it has to be done manually since that's the only way we can maintain legal distribution as per the Fair Use copyright laws. Not everyone gets a manual - they must not be asking on behalf of a commercial establishment or commercial medical facility (they must be asking for their own personal educational use only - as a sleep apnea patient). See HERE for more info.

Thank you kind sir. I did receive it last night in what I consider to be a timely manner. Great job, fearless leader. SHa_clap2

FWIW: I found a really informative vid on jail breaking the F&P Icon series here yesterday which appears to answer my questions about available setting in the event that I opt to go with the DME's offer of upgrading me to the F&P APAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2014, 03:55 PM)critterdoc Wrote: Bottom line is that it appears that I will either walk with a new Icon APAP or keep the DS460TS CPAP booth of which beats the prick they started me out with.
I thought in a free market, the paying customer have a choice and always right

Personally would not choose ether but if push comes to shove, definitely pick PRS1 over the Icon
Not having an APAP is not the end of the world as we know it, PRS1 have some sort exhale relief and AHI tells you if the apnea is obstructive or clear airways events. Also uses SD card does not require any special card reader and supported by two free readily available software (SleepyHead and EncoreBasic), SleepyHead works with Mac computers too
Even if not using the software now, down the track will comes handy and useful to trouble shoot any problems occurring

Edit: At times one have to bite the bullet and make the best of the situation
You should not have to pay extra but might be worthwhile to talk them into giving you PRS1 Auto 560 even if have to pay few more dollars
Post Reply Post Reply
Another vote for the PRS1 Pro. It has up to 30 days of Auto-Trail where it operates as an Auto-Titrating unit to help figure out what your most effective pressure should be. And that can be reset up to 5 times If needed. But beyond that, as Zonk said, the software is the best reason to stick with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:The F&P Icon uses InfoSmart, which appears to be aimed at clinics and sleep doctor offices. I'm told the software can be purchased for $89, but you have to register it within 30 days as a company; there's apparently no verification however, and you can call yourself a company with one employee, namely you. I have no information about how a user might find and install the InfoSmart software for their Icon machine, however.

I've also heard, but cannot verify, that InfoSmart does not work with the newer Icon+ machines. The full data Icons record less data than either the Resmed S9 or the PR System One machines.

And I don't believe that SleepyHead works with the newer Icon+ machines.

To clarify this question, Sleepyhead and InfoSmart will work with the latest F&P Icon machines. You can access your sleep data with both, but read this quote from a letter from Tim Sperring of F&P.

["To arrange the Infosmart software we will need a letter from your doctor or sleep physician stating that they are happy for you to use this software, the reason we require this is that you can change prescribed parameters through the use of this software & our IT techs won’t install the software for you until we have received a copy of the letter.
Once you have a letter, could you please forward this through to us & I will be able to arrange for an IT tech to phone you & install the software remotely for you."Kind Regards,Tim"]
cheers, Geoff
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 186 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 30 4,600 04-13-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 115 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 172 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 113 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 224 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,058 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.