Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fisher-Paykal Full Face Mask
Fisher-Paykal Full Face Mask
Hi: Can any of the H-P full face mask users tell me if they are quiet?
I am using a Quattro now and want to change, however, the Quattro is very quiet and don't want to add another mask to my junk drawer.
Thank you. Jeff.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fisher-Paykal Full Face Mask
Hi Airstream, welcome to the forum.

I moved your post to the Main Forum where it will get a better response. You placed it in the Product Reviews Forum, which is mainly for product reviews.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2013, 08:19 PM)Airstream Wrote: Hi: Can any of the H-P full face mask users tell me if they are quiet?
I am using a Quattro now and want to change, however, the Quattro is very quiet and don't want to add another mask to my junk drawer.
Thank you. Jeff.
Hi Jeff
most folk here using either Quattro or Quattro FX
when started have used both but the mask would fly as pressure goes anywhere above 10
I got a used 431 mask but have not tried yet, saving it when having cold and cannot use my nasal mask
I thought might work better than the Quattros as goes under the chin so it stay on face and not goes flying around

Edit: Fisher and Paykel Healthcare Channel on you tube
[scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "load 10 more videos" till you get to 431 or any mask you want to see]
http://www.youtube.com/user/fphealthcare

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk.
I have used the regular Quattro for about 3 years. I have tried many other masks and delivery methods (oral, nasal), but the Quattro is the best so far.
It took me a while to get used to the Quattro. I developed a bad sore on the bridge of my nose when I started. I guess my skin just toughened up and now it just gets sore- sometimes.
I was considering the FX as it has two straps on top, which may take some of the pressure off the nose. I think that simple gravity is the major cause for sores on the bridge of your nose. The mask slips down and is in effect supported your nose bridge.
I also get a very dry mouth even with the humidity level set high. This has me considering the HP which people have mentioned sets under the chin and may help me keep my mouth closed. Even then, I don't know if I can sleep without having my mouth open. I posted a question on the board
about that too. Hope you can try yours and let me (us) know,
I will check out the link you cited.
Thank you. Jeff.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2013, 08:09 AM)Airstream Wrote: It took me a while to get used to the Quattro. I developed a bad sore on the bridge of my nose when I started. I guess my skin just toughened up and now it just gets sore- sometimes.

Hi Jeff,

I have had excelent results with the ResMed Gecko clear soft gel nasal pad, which goes on the bridge of the nose before putting on the mask. It seals leaks around the eyes and protects the bridge of the nose from getting sore because the mask can be worn less tightly.

Respironics markets something more economical which is dark blue in color. I tried it, but it is much thinner and did not seal leaks around my eyes nearly as well as the Gecko.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2013, 07:53 PM)vsheline Wrote: Hi Jeff,

I have had excelent results with the ResMed Gecko clear soft gel nasal pad, which goes on the bridge of the nose before putting on the mask. It seals leaks around the eyes and protects the bridge of the nose from getting sore because the mask can be worn less tightly.
I also have had excellent results with the ResMed Gecko nasal pad. A bit pricey, but works very well. It's supposed to be replaced every 30 days, but I've managed to get 2 months of use out of them.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the 432 and it's quiet, had the quattro fx in the sleep lab and they both sound the same to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2013, 07:53 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(02-23-2013, 08:09 AM)Airstream Wrote: It took me a while to get used to the Quattro. I developed a bad sore on the bridge of my nose when I started. I guess my skin just toughened up and now it just gets sore- sometimes.

Hi Jeff,

Respironics markets something more economical which is dark blue in color. I tried it, but it is much thinner and did not seal leaks around my eyes nearly as well as the Gecko.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Thank you Vaughn. Those didn't work well for me. They seemed to cause more leaks. I also had trouble when I get up in the middle of the night (once or twice) putting it back on when I am half asleep. I found them hard to place even wide awake.
Your suggestion is appreciated though.

(02-24-2013, 08:01 PM)GaryG Wrote:
(02-24-2013, 07:53 PM)vsheline Wrote: Hi Jeff,

I also have had excellent results with the ResMed Gecko nasal pad. A bit pricey, but works very well. It's supposed to be replaced every 30 days, but I've managed to get 2 months of use out of them.

Thank you GaryG. I guess you can see my response to Vaughn. Your suggestion is also appreciated though.
Jeff.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='stormin_nc' pid='30206' dateline='1361761899']
I have the 432 and it's quiet, had the quattro fx in the sleep lab and they both sound the same to me.
[/quoteA

Thank you Stormin. All of the other masks have been loud and I want to get a HP next. I'm glad you have confirmed the HP full face models are quiet. Much appreciated.
Jeff.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to add to Vaughn & GaryG's replies that I am going to try Remzzzz pads.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 29 3,943 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Vako
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,611 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 596 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.