Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fisher & Paykel HC221 Filter Change
Fisher & Paykel HC221 Filter Change
hi all,

new to cpap & the forum.i`ve just bought the above machine & have gone to replace the dirty filter at the back of the machine,easy enough to do.

but have noticed there is another very dirty filter inside the machine itself.how do i change this other filter ?

thanks in advance
jason
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fisher & Paykel HC221 Filter Change
My "bad deal" radar has been tripped. If I spend more than 10 minutes on Google and at the manufacturer website and can't turn up any information on the model number (not even a basic user manual)... that's gotta be bad news for you and your successful management of therapy. Hope I'm wrong. Hope you didn't overpay.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi condohk69 and welcome
I agree with Paptillian, something does not add up, I,m not aware of another filter replacement inside the machine. Have you checked the manual

Can you get a refund or different machine? Here is link to "Archangle machine choices"
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Suppliers #27 & 28 do CPAP repairs, give them a call and see what they say, also Supplier #2 sell used machines with some warranty
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi condohk69,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions.
Best of luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a manual for the 200 series, does your machine look like this? The manual doesn't say anything about a second filter.

http://www.fphcare.com/CMSPages/GetFile....3ba52b9303

This is the best I could find, but probably doesn't help much.

Maybe someone else has some ideas. Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the replies.

after having a good look into this it appears that it isn`t another filter at all,it`s not in the path that air enters the machine.

i think it might actually just be a piece of foam that is used to help the machine run quieter,so happy days.will give it a go tonight & see what happens.

thanks again
jason
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,707 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 117 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 29 3,921 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Vako
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,588 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 318 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.