Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fisher & Paykel Icon Infosmart Software
Fisher & Paykel Icon Infosmart Software
This is a general help post for those with F&P Icon CPAP machine that want to use software to track compliance/results.

1. Sleepyhead software (free on this board) is not compatible with F&P Icon (or at least the software version that I downloaded and tried to use)

2. The F&P software is aimed for doctor/doc office use only. When I contacted my doctor, they wanted to control data delivery and were not willing/unable to offer solutions.

3. I could not find a free version of the Infosmart software online. I searched for 20 min or so and couldn't find an active link

4. The only website that I found to buy the software directly was Direct Home Medical.

5. The software cost around US$80

6. My initial set up did not work and had F&P remote into my machine to debug it. It took the computer tech 2 hours to install on my computer at home. They will ask which company you are from and I told them the name of the company that I work for. They did not ask if it was for my personal use or not but I doubt that you would get the same support if you were to tell them that you are using the software on your own.

7. Once installed, the software is great. I'm in week 1 of my second attempt at using a CPAP and find that tracking my daily progress is helpful/interesting and hopefully will result in optimal CPAP usage and compliance (time will tell).

8. Due to the use of the software, I feel like I will be able to have a much more intelligent discussion with my doctor upon my follow-up doctor visits. I find being able to parse the daily data is quite helpful and something that the machine itself does not allow you to do.

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fisher & Paykel Icon Infosmart Software
(10-26-2012, 04:19 PM)Bobo Wrote: 4. The only website that I found to buy the software directly was Direct Home Medical.

5. The software cost around US$80
welcome to the forum - its supplier # 26 on the suppliers list
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bobo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Interesting post.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
Umm.... for those looking for Infosmart software, just google it and you can find where to download it. I'm a bit concerened that it took some one 2 hours with a direct link to your PC to set it up where they could've taken anything from it. Dont-know

It's easy to setup just select default settings for everything. Once you've installed it you'll have 30 days to register it.
This can be done for free at the F&P website.

They then send you an email with the registration code and it's all yours.

I agree that having the information makes it eaiser to converse with your doctor and shows them that your taking your situation seriously.

Oh, and if you ever try to do a download and it hasn't got any new updated information. Format the Smartstick and then stick it back in the ICON. The USB symbol on the LED will flash up. Once that's done put the stick back in your pc and it should have recent information. Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Fisher & Paykel Premo fixed pressure CPAP, with the SensAwake feature. I have used it for about 3 months so far, after starting with a very basic machine that was not data capable and getting very poor results. Turned out that the amount of pressure determined in my titration sleep study was too low and I needed an increase in pressure.

I would like to see my own sleep data, and have written several emails to the manufacturer, letting them know how I feel about being blinded to what is actually happening to me during the night. The company rep wrote back and gave me instructions on how to email my data to her and then emailed me back the printouts as pdf files.

What I saw there was consistent data showing that I am still having flow limitations, apnea and hypopneas at full pressure, whenever I am asleep. That is consistent with my sleep study, which showed that I only have apnea in REM sleep.

The AHI number for the reporting period was only 2.3, which I know is good, but after reading the thread with the discussion of AHI on this forum, I am wondering what the indicators are for the need to change the pressure setting. My doctor refuses to prescribe auto titrating machines.

The graph shows the SensAwake on and the pressure at 4, then I fall asleep and the pressure ramps up to 6, then I have a flow limitation, then hypopneas, then apnea, then I wake up - over and over again each night. Is this normal???

The only indicator my doctor looks at on the downloads that I pick up from my supplier for each appointment is the AHI for the full reporting period. That number gets circled, and documented then the graphs go in the garbage.

I am not booked to see the doctor again until January. I don't feel at all rested, in spite of doing everything I can think of - exercise, light therapy, diet etc...

I want to call and get the appointment moved up sooner, and want to be as prepared as possible to have an intelligent discussion with the doctor, rather than having another appointment where I go in saying "I feel awful", the doctor looks at the AHI and tells me I am doing fine and sends me off for several more months.

I am a Registered Nurse and have been for almost 40 years. The whole system for treating sleep apnea seems to be in the dark ages! It takes ma back to the days when someone with diabetes was given a diet and an dose of insulin and sent home to manage, then labeled as "non-compliant" if their blood sugars were not under control! Now people living with this disease are checking their own sugars, adjusting their insulin doses according to what they eat and how much exercise they get, and fully informed and educated about their disease.

In contrast, most people with sleep apnea receive very little information, are not educated by the professionals about what to watch for and are bacically sent home with a mask and a machine to manage on their own for long periods of time. I could not believe it when the manufacturer's rep told me that patients were not allowed to see their own sleep data, then eventually sent me my data with no information about what to look for!

On top of that I just figured out that the data that shows on the screen in the morning is not from the night that just passed, but for the night before. So this morning, Saturday, I got the information about Friday night!

Unfortunately the machines made by this manufacturer seem to be the most common ones here in Canada.

Sorry to vent for so long, but I am really unhappy with this situation!
Post Reply Post Reply
And you should be unhappy. You are right about how a sleep apnea patient is kept in the dark.

Quote:The graph shows the SensAwake on and the pressure at 4, then I fall asleep and the pressure ramps up to 6, then I have a flow limitation, then hypopneas, then apnea, then I wake up - over and over again each night. Is this normal???

The above means that you have ramp turned on. It starts at 4 then increases to the prescribed pressure of 6.

How do you know you wake up? The device records this? How on earth would it know? I'm not sure how the SensAwake would work accurately. I guess it goes by breath pattern changes maybe.

My suggestion to you is to get another machine. You'd have to pay out of pocket but at least you'd have software you can use to track your own treatment! Supplier #2 has gently used and open box machines. As long as it is a Resmed without Escape in the name, a Respironics without Plus in the name (these are only compliance data) and a Respironics that is not x60 (not compatible with SleepyHead), you can use software available here.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
when machine sense you,re awake ... SensAwake drop pressure to start pressure or something like that
unlike ResMed EPR (Exhalation Pressure Relief) which lower pressure at exhale which some find more comfortable to breathe out at lower pressure
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ure_relief

you can turn SensAwake off .... at your set pressure 6 which is quite low ... you don,t need it
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2012, 01:28 PM)Suzanne Wrote: I could not believe it when the manufacturer's rep told me that patients were not allowed to see their own sleep data

And this is of course crap... just like it would be crap if you were told you weren't allowed to see your own blood sugar report.

My guess... and being a nurse you will probably understand this all too well... is that they are trained to say "we can't show it to you" since if they *do* show it to you they will then take questions they are neither trained nor licensed nor insured to answer. :-)

I have an Icon as well... it took a little while to figure out how to best configure it (track down the Clinical Manual here and make sure it is configured so that you are seeing all the data) and sort out its definitions (for example... noon is when it decides last night is over) but it also sounds like you should track down a copy of F&P's Infosmart software... you can then run your own reports and figure things out for yourself?
Post Reply Post Reply

I did try that for a couple of nights, since I had noticed that many of the episodes of flow restriction, hypopnea and apnea seemed to be timed with the machine ramping the pressure up to the [rescribed pressure. I found that my AHI went up to 7.9 and 4.8 for those nights.

That was when and how I figured out that my machine's screen display was a day behind.

I was already very upset about having to send my data in an email to New Zealand so the F & P company rep could send back my data in a readable form in order to get my own information. It was just one more thing to make me even more upset, realizing that my own machine was lying to me.

Suddenly things made sense! There had been so many times would look at the screen in the morning feeling lousy and see good numbers, then wake up the next morning feeling better and see really awful numbers and think I was going nuts!!

My supplier does not carry machines by other manufacturers and only a very limited stock of masks. There is so little patient education, it is disgusting! Oh-jeez

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2012, 07:14 PM)Vince Waldon Wrote:
(11-03-2012, 01:28 PM)Suzanne Wrote: I could not believe it when the manufacturer's rep told me that patients were not allowed to see their own sleep data

And this is of course crap... just like it would be crap if you were told you weren't allowed to see your own blood sugar report.

My guess... and being a nurse you will probably understand this all too well... is that they are trained to say "we can't show it to you" since if they *do* show it to you they will then take questions they are neither trained nor licensed nor insured to answer. :-)

I have an Icon as well... it took a little while to figure out how to best configure it (track down the Clinical Manual here and make sure it is configured so that you are seeing all the data) and sort out its definitions (for example... noon is when it decides last night is over) but it also sounds like you should track down a copy of F&P's Infosmart software... you can then run your own reports and figure things out for yourself?

You are right, I did send back lots of questions and got a document on how to interpret InfoSmart reports back from the rep. The document was about the AUTO machine, which I do not have, so it was no help. I wrote to her again and basically pointed out that this information was not helpful as it was for a machine I do not have. I got no reply. Huhsign

I still want to know the answers to some questions that should be fairly straightforward to people who know the machines that they manufacture:

If the flow limitations, apneas and hypopneas occur at full prescribed pressure, does that mean the pressure needs to be increased?

Just how does the SensAwake feature know when I am going to sleep and when I am aroused?

If it consistently detects waking after apnea events, does that mean that I need an increase in pressure?

Would it be so hard to hand a patient a simple list of indicators - if this happens... do this... ????
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,007 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,186 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,100 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 684 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.