Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fisher & Paykel Icon Premo (comments?)
RE: Fisher & Paykel Icon Premo (comments?)
(03-03-2013, 01:00 AM)archangle Wrote: Sleephead doesn't support icon yet according to sourceforge.
Fisher & Paykel
Basic support has been added to SleepyHead GIT source.. it still needs testing.
Flow waveform still needs decoding.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...d_Hardware

Check your PM and let me know what you think ... Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2013, 11:52 PM)Ugly Wrote: But I'm trying to figure out does it take an SD card and if so where do I stick it? Or do I have to tell HER where to stick it?
Grin

If it's like the other members of the Icon family it has a specially-shaped USB memory stick that lives on the left hand side of the machine.

The stick can be read by a standard USB port and the F&P software previously mentioned in this thread... with Sleepyhead support gradually being added.

And yup, I like my F&P Icon just fine. :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2013, 01:07 AM)zonk Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 01:00 AM)archangle Wrote: Sleephead doesn't support icon yet according to sourceforge.
Fisher & Paykel
Basic support has been added to SleepyHead GIT source.. it still needs testing.
Flow waveform still needs decoding.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...d_Hardware

Check your PM and let me know what you think ... Thanks

OK, maybe you can get waveform data with SleepyHead once the updated software gets released. That would be a great improvement when it becomes officially available.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2013, 01:35 AM)Vince Waldon Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 11:52 PM)Ugly Wrote: But I'm trying to figure out does it take an SD card and if so where do I stick it? Or do I have to tell HER where to stick it?
Grin

If it's like the other members of the Icon family it has a specially-shaped USB memory stick that lives on the left hand side of the machine.

The stick can be read by a standard USB port and the F&P software previously mentioned in this thread... with Sleepyhead support gradually being added.

And yup, I like my F&P Icon just fine. :-)

OK Vince. Pleased to meet your acquaintance.
First - I found the stick. I appreciate you pointing it out.
I thought it was a button but it seemed that pressing it had no effect Oh-jeez
Is the software available for free? SleepyHead didn't recognize it.
It's a weird little stick. Unlike "real" USB sticks, this one can be inserted upside down by accident. I found that out when it wasn't being read.
Of course I wasn't ever told of its existence either. The DARLING (not) at ProResp tried to keep everything a secret. But I find the interface cumbersome. The fact that I still can't interpret the data without the software is the clincher. This beast has to go back.
Glad someone likes it, I guess. But I learned quickly it's not for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hate top secret CPAP projects. Guys, nobody wants to copy your garbage! Get real.
Make it standardized and openly connectable. People will snap it up.

Just me griping again.

=^.^=
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
No, the F&P software is not free. It is $89 from Supplier #1 on the supplier's list.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2013, 04:37 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Call some other DME's and find out if you can get the S9 from them. Then call this creep back and tell her that if she doesn't give you what you want you'll switch to another DME. Tell her you want the issue "escalated" and you want to talk to her supervisor.

Reading the fine print it states that all agreements are in effect unless I revoke them so I made copies of all of them and stated I am revoking everything. I finished drafting a letter to the RT and shortly I will bcc a copy to the local manager. The regular bus doesn't go that way so I will book a paratransit bus ASAP on Monday.

letter I drafted (not including the Andrews Sisters tagline):

I am returning the CPAP borrowed, F&P Auto R#02716 and this letter shall serve as written cancellation of any and all agreements and contracts as per the details in the Consent to Treatment and Client Consent to Release of Information.

After considerable research and evaluation of the F&P model in comparison to trial models by Philips and ResMed I have concluded that the machine did not meet my needs for several reasons.

Although I am not required to give such reasons, I will, nevertheless, offer them to you. First of all, I found the interface very awkward to use. The aforementioned ResMed and Philips units were not as graphically oriented and therefore, IMHO more user friendly. With a little searching I found the AHI listed, but no mention of the AI or HI making this data incomplete. While I have software to easily interface with Philips and ResMed models which offered valuable information regarding therapy with those machines, they were incompatible with F&P models. Because I do not see my doctor on a regular basis, I have to take it upon myself to monitor progress. I cannot easily do this with the F&P model.

For these reasons I do not wish to continue.

I have also felt that you have been dishonest with me about the price of the ResMed S9 AutoSet, telling me that it was $7,000 and then suddenly deciding that it was only $1,500 instead. The reasons for this are known only by you.

I took special notice on the invoice two points. One is that you claim to have included a mask with headgear. This of course is untrue. You only included a heated hose and I included my own headgear and mask.

The other thing I noticed on the invoice at the bottom were lines marked “Client Amount” and “ADP Amount.” I made the offer to you that I would pay any excess amount for my preferred ResMed S9 AutoSet over what ADP would pay. This invoice indicates that would have been possible even though you denied this.

It seems you had your own agenda trying to push a model that I was not interested in. Because now I have confirmed the quirky user interface for the F&P Icon (including having to unplug it just to turn it off at times) I am returning it and cannot use it. I also realize that you are not interested in helping me get the model that I want so I am forced, even with declining health, to take my business elsewhere.

Post Reply Post Reply
Don't pick an unnecessary fight. Just give them the cancellation notice and get the agreement canceled.

Throw the other stuff out if they ask. Or maybe if they resist letting you return the unit.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yah, what a bunch of clowns. I would dump them too.

Pfft!

I bet they go out of business in six months.
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2013, 05:53 AM)wilorg Wrote: I suggest that you take it back, after getting the name of a contact person at the DHW, and tell her that you either get the machine you want and that fits the Rx and that it will be paid by insurance or you will report her. And then report her anyway.

I don't have a contact at Health Canada (yes they change the name from time to time. It was "health and welfare" long ago. But the information she gave me listed the manager to which I am forwarding my complaint letter. I got a call recently from my ODSP (disability) case worker claiming I needed two quotes for repair costs on my walker. She had since gotten the two quotes and when she called me I said I wanted to make an appointment with her since it's easier to compose my thoughts in person than through the telephone. I will ask her if either
1) An AutoSet can be paid for entirely by the government
OR
2) If they will pay up to a specified amount for which I'd be glad to pay the excess.
The store did not give me that option although I believe it to be possible. But I have to hear the facts from her before stuffing it in ProResp's face. I will have audience with my case worker on Wednesday and I booked the paratransit for Thursday.
At that point I plan on going back to the first person I dealt with and deal with her if I can. If not there is at least one other vendor in town, perhaps two or three. In the meantime I do not get a good night's sleep on a static pressure machine although I tried various pressure settings. After previous experience I know that for me my needs change daily.

The only thing that stays the same is the need to get this mess straightened out.

Quote:Condescending little shite. Can't stand that.....

It does seem like some people have an agenda and won't see reality.
Just like when I first suspected I may have had sleep apnea. I had to research it - even without a name because I didn't know what it was called. And no internet. I had to scan the public library for books on sleep disorders and find out why I was waking up choking all the time.
And when I found the term "apnea" and presented it to my doctor, it's like "oh no, it's not that. It's nothing serious. Don't worry about it." It was when I met my significant other that she confirmed I stop breathing at night. I got a new doctor.

So it's really nothing new. The "experts" don't like being challenged and they refuse to admit that they're wrong.

Quote:that is someone taking advantage of you and probably getting a kick back, not surprising given how corrupt some med help people are in Ontario. And there are lots of them in Ontario who are....

Hm. Like it's more profitable for that woman to sell the effin' P machine rather than a ResMed one. When places deliver a service, especially a medical service, it's too bad they still have to run it like a profitable business. Even if that's what they are, it loses sight of the customer service aspect.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 30 4,553 04-13-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,035 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,423 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
  AirSense 11 moon icon instead of bars? LJAB 7 934 10-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Disassembly of F&P Icon Hanrahan 6 3,652 10-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Thanya
  Velcro Issues - Fisher and Paykel Vitera cmpman1974 6 732 08-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: car54
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 400 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.