Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fisher & Paykel Icon - SenseAwake question
Question 
Fisher & Paykel Icon - SenseAwake question
For any Icon users out there: I have the SenseAwake feature disabled (x) instead of (√) but it is still recording "events" each night, and every time I wake up, my pressure is at the minimum of my range (auto pressure). This is a brand new machine. I'm not sure if the SensAwake is just not turning off, or if it is off but still recording "events" that it *would* have responded to but didn't.

My previous Icon was returned under warranty after the internal memory recording failed, losing data for the most recent five months of use. I just got this one from the doctor's office last week, fresh out of the package.

I've ordered the InfoSmart software so that I can better see what's going on, but until then I'm kind of at a loss. I wake up really tired, but there's so much else going on in my life, I don't know if it's _PAP related or not. Dont-know

My other option, as I see it, is to increase the lower number of the pressure range closer to my "average," calculated over the past nine months. That way, if the SensAwake does kick in, it won't go so low that it ceases to be effective.

Thoughts?
Soferet [so- FEHR- et; Hebrew; feminine] noun: writer, author

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"
—Ernest Hemingway

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fisher & Paykel Icon - SenseAwake question
Have sent an inquiry to F&P: "Have a new machine with SensAwake disabled but still recording events. Possible SensAwake is not turning off? Or if off, would it still record events? My experience is that if SensAwake is off, the recorded events would be 0. Is this a known issue?"

I'll let y'all know if/when they reply (and if any of it's helpful).

Still, if anyone else has any experience with this, I'd really love to know about it. Thanks!

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"
—Ernest Hemingway

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi soferet,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know anything about your machine but I'm sure someone will be able to help you soon.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I don,t use the Icon ... Have you seen this video
http://vimeo.com/20560260

The provider manual for the Icon is available via Email (scroll down to section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
So . . . I still am not quite sure what's going on with my machine, but as of today I now have the InfoSmart software and *it* is telling me that when I turn the SensAwake to off, it really is off. Many thanks to the board for directing me to the supplier (#26) from which I could get the software. The report has A LOT of info that is really helpful to see!

—Ernest Hemingway

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 29 3,612 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Vako
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,457 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,275 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
  AirSense 11 moon icon instead of bars? LJAB 7 814 10-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Disassembly of F&P Icon Hanrahan 6 3,564 10-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Thanya
  Velcro Issues - Fisher and Paykel Vitera cmpman1974 6 690 08-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: car54
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 376 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.