Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fisher&Paykel Icon+ Smiley face?
Fisher&Paykel Icon+ Smiley face?
Hi~

I use the Fisher&Paykel Icon+ I've had it around a month. I noticed a smiley face icon appeared on the top of the display window. I looked in the book and googled and can not figure out what it means. I will call the place tomorrow if it's important but I'm super curious about it now.

Thanks for any answers :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fisher&Paykel Icon+ Smiley face?
Which icon+ do you have? Novo, premo, or auto? I haven't noticed it on mine yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its the Icon+ auto (Sorry just looked at it)
Post Reply Post Reply
It may have something to do with compliance. I remember seeing a smiley in the settings but I can't remember where.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LuckyDucky9,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Either compliance or leaks. Probably nothing to do with having a good AHI. Would be nice if it was, though.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LuckyDucky
I asked Lincare (where I got my machine) it's telling you the machine is properly working and no leaks.

Linda
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2015, 10:15 AM)shortyd Wrote: Hi LuckyDucky
I asked Lincare (where I got my machine) it's telling you the machine is properly working and no leaks.

Linda

Awesome! Thanks for asking for me. I figured it was something good :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board. You will find a lot of great and helpful information here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lincare is wrong as usual! Never believe what a DME tells you, they seem to be the least informed people I have ever dealt with.

I have been using the Icon for years, two different versions, I have the clinical manual and it clearly states that the Smiley face is for compliance only, that's why you did not see it until thirty days had past. It's set to standard insurance definition of compliance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 29 3,905 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Vako
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,581 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 594 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.