Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Fisher-Paykel Oracle 2 Oral mask
RE: Fisher-Paykel Oracle 2 Oral mask
Thanks for the suggestion me50.

I forgot to mention I have chronic nasal congestion. I probably had mentioned in another forum post.
We'll see what comes. 2 weeks out.
Thanks for suggesting it though. If I could ever get my sinuses working I'd love to be able to use a nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the F&P Oracle for almost 11 years, I tried a number of full face masks, but couldn't get them to not fall off in the night or blow air in my eyes. I have a chronic nasal obstruction and when I found the first Oracle I managed to persuade my doctor to get one for me to try; this is back in the UK. I hated the massive tongue depressor that came with it, it caused lots of gagging from it touching my tongue. Within days I had modified it to remove the tongue depressor and built a strap out of an old head gear and some spare plex glass I had lying around. Once I completed the mods I loved it, it felt like the most natural thing in the world to use. My only problem was rain out in the hose, as I sleep in a cold room with the windows open year round and a/c on in the summer. After my humidifier broke on my Resmed S7 AutoSet I have used it without humidification and it's great, apart from the dry mount in the morning, but I put up with that for a decent nights sleep. I have had newer versions on the Oracle and they come with a neck strap that is almost identical to the once I made for myself. I am being reassessed at the moment as a precursor to getting a new machine I looking for the Resmed S9 AutoSet and climate line hose so I can try humidification with out the gurgling in the hose as the moisture condensates in the tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Climateline will get rid of any moisture build up in the hose coming from the machine but not the hose to the mask. That can be solved by having it just "go downhill" from the mask.

I'm glad the Oracle is working for you! And for so long! We get folks come here every once in a while who ask about it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have an Oracle HC452 (the 2nd version.)

I do not like it but it is usuable.

My actual backup mask (for the P10 nasal pillow mask) is an Innomed Hybrid which I find to be a much better "oral" mask -- which just happens to have nasal pillows also.

The pillows can be masked off if desire but overall it a great combo of a pillow and an oral mask (despite being called an FFM.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this review is 6 years old now but i’m Looking to try this mask. It’s even gotten cheaper!

Is anyone using it now?
Post Reply Post Reply
Any new reviews\feedbacks\updates?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Fisher & Paykel's Simplus FF Mask me50 36 39,171 03-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Last Post: PaulKTF
  [Product Review] Fisher Paykel Zest Nasal Mask MobileBasset 5 8,001 08-21-2015, 01:07 PM
Last Post: 49er
Thumbsup [Product Review] Fisher & Paykel Pilairo nasal pillow mask aussie_sleepy 6 14,349 12-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.