Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fisher Paykel vs. Resmed
RE: Fisher Paykel vs. Resmed
Thanks. I agree about FP not quitting the machine business but I'd love to know why they pulled their new SpeepStyle CPAP out of the American market last year.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2018, 02:58 AM)holden4th Wrote: I have tried the ICON and it did not work well for me though it may for you. In my opinion, having tried both the ICON and the Resmed 10 the Resmed wins all the way. The ICON has a limited set of features, and a setting that supposedly senses when you are awake that really does nothing. If it had then I would have got better AHI figures

The big issue for me was the F&P algorithm. I struggled to get my AHI under 10 with this machine. The night I switched to a Resmed S9 I dropped below 5 and stayed there.

The DME is probably scratching his head as to why you would want the F&P over the Resmed. Via insurance, the Resmed is not going to cost you any extra but will provide superior therapy.

This is exactly it. When you actually get to try different machines, you may find one works better than the other.  In my case Phillips was awful and Resmed was great. With my brother's bilevel, he couldn't tolerate Resmed Vauto, but no problem with Philips.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2018, 09:05 AM)zeeser Wrote: Thanks. I agree about FP not quitting the machine business but I'd love to know why they pulled their new SpeepStyle CPAP out of the American market last year.

Are you sure it just wasn't approved by the FDA? I never saw it for sale anywhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my F&P Icon+ in 2015 and I have been using it regularly for a year. I am tired although my AHIs are generally less than 3. If I sleep on my back the AHI goes up to 9.

I think insurance would cover a new machine in July 2020, but I am wondering if I would be better off if I bought a used Resmed S10 AutoSet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2019, 03:20 PM)RNeil Wrote: I got my F&P Icon+ in 2015 and I have been using it regularly for a year. I am tired although my AHIs are generally less than 3. If I sleep on my back the AHI goes up to 9.

I think insurance would cover a new machine in July 2020, but I am wondering if I would be better off if I bought a used Resmed S10 AutoSet.

I use an F/P mask with a Resmed Airsense 10 and the results have been spectacular.  My AHI has been consistently below 1.5 and my CA below 1. Can ask for more than that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am tired as I write this. My latest theory is that my sleeping issues are because of my crude F&P Icon+. So I bought a used Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. I copied the F&P settings to the Resmed, but the Resmed does have more settings. I slept poorly the first 2 nights. The next night I used the Icon. Last night tried the Resmed again. It was better since I fixed an issue with the 10 minute ramp. But I don't see the improvement that I was hoping for.

Not sure which machine I should use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your profile indicates a 9.5 cmH2O pressure range. This much pressure change could very easily cause sleep disturbance. Please post some OSCAR charts so we'll have some data to work with. Look at my signature for the best layout and how to attach images.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure both machines are capable of providing adequate therapy. On this forum, there is a preference and more experience with both the Philips Respironics and ResMed lines.

Post a copy of your nightly charts with both machines, let us see the data then we can help you to optimize your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Thanks, Bonjour. I appreciate your help.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have attached a screen shot of the Oscar overview. This shows data from F&P Icon+ and Resmed Airset 10 Autoset. You can recognize the 4 days of Resmed data because F&P does not report flow limitation. I was wondering why the AHI is so low, yet I feel so bad. The Resmed data shows low AHI, but higher total time in apnea. The exception is July 19 when I slept on my back. Tonight I will use my F&P.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 30 4,593 04-13-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,055 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Velcro Issues - Fisher and Paykel Vitera cmpman1974 6 733 08-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: car54
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 402 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp
  Stats from old Fisher & Paykel HC234? Marty McSly 3 684 12-19-2022, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Marty McSly
  [CPAP] What does this mean on my Fisher Paykel icon+ annoyed 1 632 11-01-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  fischer & paykel hc221 richyrich 10 4,580 09-16-2022, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Nailer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.