Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fitlife arrived - P's adventures with it
Fitlife arrived - P's adventures with it
I finally ordered the Fitlife Total Face Mask and it arrived yesterday although I didn't know it until today.

I went with this mask due to several things:
- my lip leaking is back
- my eye leak is back (air comes out the tear duct)
- and SWMBO* is getting angry at the sounds I make with air leaks everywhere

As much as I love the Simplus, its leaks are just too much. I have to use a liner which doesn't stop them all and it is one more thing to use and keep track of.

I've not used it yet but I'm running on just 3hrs sleep so I may take a nap just to test it out.

My question(s):

Is there a trick to the dang clips? Getting them on and off? And why were there extras in the box? Is using a hacksaw common enough that they include extras?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fitlife arrived - P's adventures with it
Paula,
Waiting to here how your night went with your new mask. Thinking-about
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no advice either, but I can commiserate with the comments from the other side of the bed as you both try and get some restful sleep.  I hope this works out well for you (both!)
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried it for about 30 minutes the first night. I was surprised to not feel any air on my face like I do with a FFM. It was quite comfortable.

Unfortunately, that comfort was tainted by the mask refusing to seal. The seal at the top, middle of my forehead, just kept blowing open. If I tightened it as far as possible, then the mask floated on my face and lost the seal elsewhere. What's that game with the table and the puck that floats on air? That's what it was like.

I got a size large. There's one bigger and one smaller. I hesitate to go smaller because I have to wedge the temples in. But if I go larger, I don't know.

Supplier #26 where I got it has a return policy. I'm going to give it another try tonight (didn't last night) but will probably return it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Air Hockey is what you're thinking about, I think.

That's quite a mask. I'm curious as to how claustrophobic it feels. Did you have any issues with the amount of coverage it has?

It's too bad it's leaking. My first thought was about whether it was the right size, but it sounds like you thought through what the different options were for sizing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just picked my full-face mask up today.  Hope I like it.  I had to read about the clips!  Use your thumb and forefinger and sort of turn it -- pops right off.  And then click it back into place.  I got an extra set too -- evidently they break!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish that mask designers and DME providers got a chance to wear these masks for 8 hours a night, for many nights.

I think that they would improve designs and sleep quality for those of us that use their masks.
I check mask size with the manufacturer's fit gauges.
Several times I've caught my DME supplier supplying the wrong size mask or insert.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Started using the FitLife full face mask this week --- the other masks were 'killing' the top of my nose!  I'm a mouth breather so I need a mask to cover my nose and mouth!    

Think I'll like the new mask but can't get a good score due to so many leaks -- and I couldn't feel the air seeping out.  Instructions say NOT to over tighten the straps but if they are the least bit loose, MORE leaks.  

So, my problem will be to resolve how to tighten the straps enough to have a good score on mask leaks.  

I have an app on my phone and can tell if I've snored, from QUIET, LIGHT, LOUD to EPIC --- with this new mask, I'm getting some light to loud sounds so guess I'll go back to taping my mouth (that helped with other masks).   

I thought the air would bother my eyes but it truly doesn't.  The mask is large but it's not touching my nose -- guess this is the only real PLUS I can say about it right now.  It does stay in place (on my face) better than a few other masks but evidently it is moving somewhat if I get leaks throughout the night.  (It's not a mask if you turn over much -- clips sort of hurt -- and definitely not the mask if you want to roll over on your stomach!)

Anyone know how to help with leaks, please let me know (and any others using the mask with the same problem).

Thanks and good luck ..... this is the 4th mask I've had in less than two years.

Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the FitLife early in my treatment, but never could get it to seal. Not to mention this mask covers the entire face and it very large! It's not meant for folk that turn from side to side. I had to return it. So I'm not much help with advice on the Fit Life.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitlife mask discontinued? Airbear737 5 1,707 12-10-2023, 08:03 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  My Respironics hard carry case has finally arrived. Here's a quick review S. Manz 5 992 12-06-2021, 02:04 AM
Last Post: S. Manz
  New Resmed Airfit 10 - finally arrived TimtheEnchanter 9 1,081 10-16-2021, 07:12 AM
Last Post: jas32
  My F30i full face has finally arrived. Have you owned a F30i before? S. Manz 40 5,748 08-13-2021, 11:39 AM
Last Post: rhyman
  [Equipment] Masks: My Amara View just arrived. Have you found your favorit mask? S. Manz 13 1,585 07-26-2021, 08:49 AM
Last Post: S. Manz
  My Mask (mis)adventures to date gzimmer 14 2,639 07-02-2019, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  My AirFit F30 complete mask arrived today. Big Guy 8 1,800 04-04-2019, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.