Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Five Zeros
Five Zeros
I've had nights with an AHI of zero before, happens fairly frequently. That would be three zeros: zero obstructive, zero hypopneas and zero clear airway events. Sleepyhead also flags two "user event flags" and every time without fail that I've got the three zeroes there were always a few of these events.

Until last night. AHI 0, no user flag 1 and no user flag 2. Five zeros.

My machine doesn't flag RERA's. Has anyone out there had six zeroes?

Can we form a club or something?

Still woke up to visit the loo twice so only 98% on "myair".
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Five Zeros
Sometimes Resmed machines apparently stop recording events. Users report that unplugging all power from it for a while can reset something, and it works normally again. Your zero-events may be real, but it wouldn't hurt to leave the machine unplugged a few hours to check.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2016, 09:37 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sometimes Resmed machines apparently stop recording events. Users report that unplugging all power from it for a while can reset something, and it works normally again. Your zero-events may be real, but it wouldn't hurt to leave the machine unplugged a few hours to check.

When my S9 did that, it also stopped recording high sample rate data.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2016, 09:37 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sometimes Resmed machines apparently stop recording events. Users report that unplugging all power from it for a while can reset something, and it works normally again. Your zero-events may be real, but it wouldn't hurt to leave the machine unplugged a few hours to check.

No, it's not that. I got another AHI zero last night but there were two user flags noted from SleepyHead. In the night between it was AHI of 0.11 so I know it's still counting. I have been working on increasing my pressure with my latest iteration of the Simplus mask, hoping that if I can get the AHI as low as possible with a reasonably small gap between high and low it might help my nocturia. So far it seems to be helping slightly. Last night was a zero, as I said, but there were some significant leaks so it probably can't be counted as a real zero.

Not that it's a competition or anything.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Post Reply Post Reply
Well then, it's time to celebrate the great results. Coffee
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2016, 09:49 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well then, it's time to celebrate the great results. Coffee

Well, I've still got this nocturia thing to deal with.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Post Reply Post Reply
AHI of 0 ? Congrats! That's better than most people who don't even suffer from sleep apnea!
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had 4 or 5 AHI readings of 0.0 in the last year, but only one of those with a big yellow happy face on sleepyhead. The others always showed flow limitations, snores, and RERA's or P.B., so no happy face. Eat-popcorn
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've come to the conclusion that PRS1 machines do not have a "happy face". If anyone has seen differently, I'd like to know about it.

eseedhouse, I'll try to avoid diuretic beverages in future celebrations. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
I don't think that PR machines have Happy Faces, don't know about the new DreamStation. I could do without it anyway. I would still have to check Sleepyhead. That's just me.

My one and only Happy Face was on Sleepyhead. No Events, except for a few snores.

[attachment=2093]

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two Zeros in a row! nelamvr6 15 2,979 11-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.