Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Five nights on new Aircurve Vauto
Five nights on new Aircurve Vauto
Ok I have been using the new Aircurve Vauto for five nights.  First few nights made several tweaks here and there.  Have a new mask, Pico, which I am getting used to.

Present setting are the ones given by the Doctor-  9/5 PS 4.  Some suggested in an earlier post I had before getting the machine to try a little wider range of 13/5 PS 4 but I decided to save that in reserve and start with basic prescription.

Night five results have been the best so far.  The Apneas and Hypopneas seem to be doing well.  The biggest number is Centrals at this point but do not seem to be that large.

I have posted two charts (hopefully) of that night.  A general overview and a smaller part of the night which shows a few of the Centrals in more detail.

Any comments on what you think of the results so far including the Centrals would be appreciated.  Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/MGOQu
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Five nights on new Aircurve Vauto
13/5 sounds like pretty good advice. Your IPAP pressure is maxing out at 9cm. You may need higher than 13cm. I would though drop the PS to 3cm to see if that helps with the CA's.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
You are using your Vauto in fixed pressure mode because with a minimum EPAP of 5.0, and PS at 4.0 the IPAP max limit of 9.0 prevents any movement. In this case we see some periodic breathing and central apnea, and some residual OA.  I think you'd be more comfortable and have fewer events at EPAP min 6.0, PS 3.0 and IPAP max 12.0.  Maximum pressure should actually be a non-issue.  If you put it significantly higher the machine would still only use what is needed to resolve the events.

[Image: I1aUUsq.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input and observations Walla Walla and Sleeprider.  I will up the Ipap number and reduce the PS for tonight and see how that goes.  I appreciate the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok here are the results from last night with settings of IPAP 12, EPAP 6, PS 3. Any thing catch your attention on the charts that might help me to know if I should tweak settings?

I know one night does not indicate a pattern and that I am still adjusting to moving from my APAP to the bilevel. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/7onp8
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I would increase EPAP to 8cm and decrease PS to 1cm but lets see what Sleeprider says.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see why the settings suggested by Walla would not work. Pretty smart member. Most of the issues are related to pressure support, and nothing indicates the need for higher pressure.

[Image: YryZplh.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input and evaluations. I will tweak as suggested and see how it goes. Appreciate the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok used the newest suggested settings. Took a 1 hour afternoon nap to pre-test. Then used the new setting overnight. Results look positive to me (the novice bilevel user).

My only negative if it is a negative is the new feel in my breathing before falling asleep. The inhale/exhale feels a little short like I am not taking in a complete breath. This feeling could be just my body getting used to the new settings. Or if you have another suggestion about it let me know. Other than that I can't complain about the settings and resulting numbers.

Just a side question about PS. It seems the lower PS of 1 versus a 3 or 4 which I tried previously made a significant positive impact. Just curious why a lower PS helped my number in this situation?

And thanks Walla Walla and Sleeprider for your help here.

https://imgur.com/a/36GcX
Post Reply Post Reply
What happens is if the pressure support is too wide it can blow too much CO2 out of your lungs. CO2 is what triggers your brain to breath to exchange with O2. If there's not enough CO2 your brain stops breathing until the CO2 builds back up. The amount of pressure support you can use is different for everyone.

That said I think I'd try increasing your PS to 2cm to see if your numbers hold. This would also make it easier to breath.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,511 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,241 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.