Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Five nights on new Aircurve Vauto
RE: Five nights on new Aircurve Vauto
Thanks for the insight Walla Walla. That makes sense. It really helps to understand the hows and whys of apnea treatment. Appreciate the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I have posted 3 charts in order. The first is after changing settings to 12/8 PS 1. The second still 12/8 with PS 2 to see if breathing a little more comfortable. The third went back to 12/8 with PS 1. when PS 2 setting upped the AHI number slightly increasing Centrals.

Then last night going back to original 12/8 PS 1 setting brought forth the pesky little Centrals again after the one good night on 12/8 PS 1. ( Just a note on chart 3 most of the night was at 12/8 PS 1... I dropped the settings to 10/6 just to finish out the last hour of the night.)

So right now I'm not sure where I am at with the settings. Any thoughts on where to go with this? Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/r4IFp
Post Reply Post Reply
Very clearly, you are sensitive to pressure support, and need to keep it at 1.0 or 0.0. I honestly think you'd be best off in CPAP mode at a fixed pressure of 8 based on these results and what we saw earlier. Your doctor's prescribed settings of PS 4 over 5-9 pressure actually worked best, and while it was not perfect, I think there is a very strong argument to go back to your originally prescribed settings and establish whether they work or not.

You seem to have complex apnea, and there was a reason for the prescribed settings. I don't see our second-guessing as having been especially productive in this case. So that is my recommendation. Get back to your original settings and let them settle in. At some point, if you need a change in therapy, you will be relying on your doctor to support that. Using his recommended settings will be important to establish whether or not your current therapy is effective. One thing we do not want to do here is make things worse, and that is exactly what has happened.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Because it's a separate area of discussion, the posts concerning Respiratory Ventilation have been moved into their own thread, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...entilation

If anyone has further points to make on Respiratory Ventilation, please post them in that thread.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 296 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 551 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 203 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.