Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Five years with cpap and just found this board
Five years with cpap and just found this board
First:  Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this board as ALL the messages I've read have enlightened me.

My name is Steve and I'm a 67 year old father of 2 and grandfather of 6 grandsons (alas, no girls).  Retired Army and probably retiring from civil service this year due to copd and I'm tired of working.

I got a Resmed S9 Auto set from VA in 2015 and love to strap it on at night.  (friend of mine said you know you're old when you strap a jet engine on your face to sleep)

Just found this board this week and today ordered a new Resmed S10 from VA (really great folks) .

I've learned more this week on this board than in the last 5 years.  Now I'm starting to understand.

Thanks again to everyone.  I'll be around.

Steve   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Five years with cpap and just found this board
Welcome to the board. I hope your getting the S10 autoset as there are several S10 models. It's the machine of choice. To make optimal use of the forum you will need an SD card (capacity no greater than 32GB) and free OSCAR software (See link at top of page). Your machine may come with an sd card. Be sure to ask when you pick it up.

OSCAR provides detailed information on your therapy and you can post data here to get recommendations on optimizing machine settings.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome   Glad you found it!  Better late than never.....

Great folks here and lots of useful information for taking control of, and learning about your therapy.  Don't hesitate to ask questions....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! Just wait until you can show OSCAR in your profile as the software you use. Your understanding of the therapy will take you to new levels.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello & welcome! You found a great resource. Lots of experienced and knowledgeable individuals on here. I ain't one. Just wanted to clarify that. 

Anyways, I found this site within a couple of weeks after starting CPAP therapy. If you have any questions, concerns, issues, or problems, dollars to doughnuts, they can be resolved here.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome glad we can help if you have any questions ask a way there are some very knowledgable folks on here with all kinds of experiences
Post Reply Post Reply
THANK YOU to everyone who welcomed me and thank you to everyone. I did get a RESMED AUTOSET S10 and set it up just like my VA clinician said to do. She said they would download my info in 4-6 weeks (I figure for compliance) so I wont be changing anything till then and after I understand what is happening.

I'm downloading OSCAR today so I can start understanding that software. Thanks again and I'll be here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure you will enjoy the new machine as much as your S9 or more. They are far more alike than not, but the new form-factor is nice and compact. Once you're up and running with Oscar, consider posting a chart. Settings have nothing to do with compliance, but you seem to be fine anyway. Good luck Steve.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,017 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,321 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 485 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 680 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.