Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fixing AirSense10 Air Noise
Fixing AirSense10 Air Noise
I have read through many, many pages of responses about the AirSense10 noises and have not seen anything about taking the bottom of the machine off and investigating. Does anyone know of a site that contains an EXPLODED VIEW of all the parts like you see on other things like motors, etc..., or service manual for the machine? I am not buying the fact that some machines make more noise than others, even brand new, as ResMed could not stay in business with that type of quality control. I can take things apart and put them back usually without ruining them and often am able to make them work even better.

I bought my Airsense 10 off craigslist as my EliteII seemed outdated and I wanted newer options and features, so I do not have the option of returning it. MY airsense 10 definitely now [with 6000 hrs] makes noise at the air intake area when inhaling. With mask on, and placing finger over the blue intake hole, I can make the noise louder or softer, but never eliminating it entirely. It is not a filter position problem either. I am wondering if I can get to the motor, a small squirt of silicone spray may quiet the moving parts or wheels. When all of us are sending these machines back, there has to be some technicians doing something to them during the refurbishing process. Can ANYONE in the business comment on this please? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fixing AirSense10 Air Noise
My wife has the Phillips machine. To me it is a quieter machine than my ResMed AutoSet 10. I used to have my machine on my headboard, like my wife, but for me it was too loud. I had to get a side table.
Post Reply Post Reply
i've found that mine squeals as the inner o'rings age and get calcium/minerals built up on them.  the 90 degree part is easily replaceable but i'm looking for the other o'ring which i had to get to by taking the unit apart.  you can clean then assembled with a rag/towel and vinegar but that only works for so long.  i too wish there wasa service manual but cannot find anything but the clinical one.  ive attached pictures of the part im looking for so you can see if this might be your issue.  I hope this helps

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
My ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet is dead quiet.  like
Post Reply Post Reply
My ResMed ASV has been very quiet as well. Then again I could sleep through thunderstorms.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently had the same issue with the wheezing noise on my AirSense 10 and it only starts a little while after turning machine on.   It is not immediate.  I did notice there was quite a bit of dirt at the front edge and back edge of the bottom heating plate.  I never noticed that before until I did a closer inspection.  I don't remember if there was any advise in the manual to clean the heater plate area.  Does anyone know if this dirt might affect the fit and the seal of the humidifier into the unit?  

I haven't tested after cleaning yet.  I pulled my old unit out of retirement that I take on travel and it still works great.

I called the medical supplier and they are virtually clueless about repairs.  Their main interest was to tell me how many months I have until I qualify for a new unit so they can sell that to me.

I haven't called insurance to see if repair is covered.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also bought a used Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset used. I am very happy with it. In addition to what BDavid01 said, take a good look at the humidifier seals. If you want to take it appart, see
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...em-Removal
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 154 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 852 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,256 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Fixing Flow Limits esleepie 11 511 02-24-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.