Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir Problem?
RE: FlashAir Problem?
What about the radio? I have a setting on mine to disable the wifi radio during certain hours. Long shot but worth a try.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
My AP has that capability, but the radio is enabled 24/7.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your DHCP IP address may be expiring. Try reserving an IP address on your router using the IP address of the FlashAir when it is working and the FlashAir's MAC address located on the back of the card.

Tom
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent guess, and would certainly cause what I'm seeing, however I have a DHCP reservation for the card....

!
ip dhcp pool Static
host 192.168.1.9 255.255.255.0
client-identifier 01b8.6b23.b8b0.9c
client-name FlashAir2
default-router 192.168.1.254
netbios-node-type h-node
domain-name parker.triad.rr.com
dns-server 8.8.8.8 209.18.47.61 209.18.47.62
lease infinite
!

Dave

(07-21-2015, 10:28 AM)Jack_Russell_Fan Wrote: Your DHCP IP address may be expiring. Try reserving an IP address on your router using the IP address of the FlashAir when it is working and the FlashAir's MAC address located on the back of the card.

Tom

Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently, it was a signal strength issue. I rotated my upstairs AP by 90 degrees, and no more disconnects - only been one day, but this is longer than it has run in a while. So much for BeamForming technology Wink

Thanks,
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
knew u would figure it out Smile

Banana
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2015, 04:46 PM)parkerdt Wrote: My AP is about 20 feet away through 2 walls.

(07-22-2015, 05:06 PM)parkerdt Wrote: Apparently, it was a signal strength issue. I rotated my upstairs AP by 90 degrees, and no more disconnects.

Thinking-about That's pretty bad for 20 feet. My AP is at least 45 and often behind the TV stand, thanks to my cat. He just does not like it on the TV stand. What kind of AP is it?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Daria Smile

Alan,

I have 2 ASUS RT-AC87R APs. The latest and greatest AC2400s from ASUS - all the reviews say "best range" yadda, yadda.

Anything like an older iPad or iPhone running in the 2.4 Ghz band gets 5 bars sitting next to my CPAP machine. So I'm thinking that the FlashAir inside my CPAP has less than optimal RF capabilities. And it clearly does not have BeamForming capability, even though the AP does.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2015, 07:31 PM)parkerdt Wrote: So I'm thinking that the FlashAir inside my CPAP has less than optimal RF capabilities. And it clearly does not have BeamForming capability, even though the AP does.

Since SD cards are only about 1" wide and maybe 1.25" high there is not much room in them for an antenna. A quarter wave at 2.6 Ghz is about 3 centimeters or just over an inch long. There's no way you are going to fit a directional antenna in that space along with a storage chip and a radio chip. It will radiate, but not very efficiently and will be pretty omnidirectional.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed. Still amazing it works at all given the size of the SD card versus that of a "normal" AP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,326 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,462 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 549 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 390 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.