Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: PR System One + Heated Tube
CPAP Pressure: 6-15 cm H2O
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

FlashAir SD Card Failure?
Hi,

I really liked the convenience of using the FlashAir SD card along with the Sleep Master utility. It worked flawlessly for several months, but am now back to using a SanDisk Ultra SD card for the last few weeks with no issues.

Here's the narrative from my sleep log:

Installed and started using about 2/15/2015. In use until 7/5/15, and replaced with standard SD card, due to card write failure. The failure was write data from the 7/4/15 - 7/5/15 sleep session. Prior to this, I noticed intermittent failure to capture data (?) from the machine. This occurred occasionally from about 6/15/15 to 7/4/15. As displayed in SleepyHead, that pertained to flow rate, pressure, leak rate, snore and AHI, although events were flagged. Subsequent checks of standard SD card on 7/19/15 and 8/2/15 found all days recorded with all parameters logged and displayed.

Can anyone using a FlashAir card shed some light on this? Any suggestions on what/where to check? I'd really like to go back to accessing the data remotely.

Thanks in advance.
08-02-2015 09:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

RE: FlashAir SD Card Failure?
Did you try formatting the card? Save the SD_WLAN folder (or all data) and copy it back after the format. It is possible it is failing. These types of storage medium have a life span. They have so many writes before they become unreliable. I don't know if FlashAir incorporates any type of wear leveling algorithm. It may be you have hit up upon a defective block. Formatting may mark it as unusable.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
08-02-2015 09:40 AM
WSHenry Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PR System One REMStar DS560S
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: PR System One + Heated Tube
CPAP Pressure: 6-15 cm H2O

Other Comments:

(08-02-2015 09:40 AM)AlanE Wrote:  Did you try formatting the card? Save the SD_WLAN folder (or all data) and copy it back after the format. It is possible it is failing. These types of storage medium have a life span. They have so many writes before they become unreliable. I don't know if FlashAir incorporates any type of wear leveling algorithm. It may be you have hit up upon a defective block. Formatting may mark it as unusable.

Alan,

I did a check of the media and Win 7 reported it as ok. I reformatted anyway, reinstalled the data files, reinstalled it in my PRS1 and the problem still existed. I've only had the card for a few months. Worst case would be about 120 read/write cycles. I can't imagine solid state nonvolatile memory going bad after that few cycles.
08-02-2015 10:46 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Jack_Russell_Fan Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PRS1 760P
Mask Make & Model: Tap Pap
Humidifier: PRS1 heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 15.5 - 6.5

Other Comments: Sleep Master wireless data transfer

I have FlashAir cards that have been in constant use for over 8 months, without failures, but not without a few glitches.

With the cards in my PRS1 760P, every few months SleepyHead will
have a problem with the data for one day. Checked the data with Encore Basic and all is OK. Don't know where the glitch is, but I suspect SH.

The regular windows disk utilities will work on the FlashAir, scan for errors and defrag.

Tom
08-02-2015 10:49 AM
eseedhouse Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: SimPlus
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 7-10

Other Comments: Also on supplemental O2 at 3L/min. while sleeping.

(08-02-2015 10:46 AM)WSHenry Wrote:  I've only had the card for a few months. Worst case would be about 120 read/write cycles. I can't imagine solid state nonvolatile memory going bad after that few cycles.

Things can go wrong for no apparent reason. I had a card a couple of months old go bad. I had it in my laptop and noticed the plastic to right of the keyboard was getting hot. So I reached for the SD card and it burned my fingers! It was HOT. I'd used it without incident quite a few times but it just decided it was time to die, I guess. Couldn't read or write to it after it cooled down, either.

So yeah, stuff happens. Best to have a backup card ready.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
08-02-2015 01:01 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  failure to record 2nd part of night Beej 10 242 Yesterday 02:08 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  [Equipment] Respironics blower failure SleepyinMTL 2 77 Yesterday 12:52 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Is anything above an AHI of 0 considered a failure? slumberland 16 932 08-14-2016 08:57 AM
Last Post: dontwantapnea
  Flashair SD poor connection to router after power failure Roy289 5 267 08-06-2016 12:54 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Easiest way to connect to FlashAir SD card using a static IP in Windows shawn42 13 1,212 07-20-2016 01:58 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Heart Failure, Periodic Breathing, and Exercise chill 2 511 06-27-2016 02:37 PM
Last Post: richb
  Electric stuff - Odd connector/adapter failure OMyMyOHellYes 5 330 06-14-2016 12:16 PM
Last Post: RedCoPete