Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir SD Card Failure?
FlashAir SD Card Failure?
Hi,

I really liked the convenience of using the FlashAir SD card along with the Sleep Master utility. It worked flawlessly for several months, but am now back to using a SanDisk Ultra SD card for the last few weeks with no issues.

Here's the narrative from my sleep log:

Installed and started using about 2/15/2015. In use until 7/5/15, and replaced with standard SD card, due to card write failure. The failure was write data from the 7/4/15 - 7/5/15 sleep session. Prior to this, I noticed intermittent failure to capture data (?) from the machine. This occurred occasionally from about 6/15/15 to 7/4/15. As displayed in SleepyHead, that pertained to flow rate, pressure, leak rate, snore and AHI, although events were flagged. Subsequent checks of standard SD card on 7/19/15 and 8/2/15 found all days recorded with all parameters logged and displayed.

Can anyone using a FlashAir card shed some light on this? Any suggestions on what/where to check? I'd really like to go back to accessing the data remotely.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashAir SD Card Failure?
Did you try formatting the card? Save the SD_WLAN folder (or all data) and copy it back after the format. It is possible it is failing. These types of storage medium have a life span. They have so many writes before they become unreliable. I don't know if FlashAir incorporates any type of wear leveling algorithm. It may be you have hit up upon a defective block. Formatting may mark it as unusable.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2015, 09:40 AM)AlanE Wrote: Did you try formatting the card? Save the SD_WLAN folder (or all data) and copy it back after the format. It is possible it is failing. These types of storage medium have a life span. They have so many writes before they become unreliable. I don't know if FlashAir incorporates any type of wear leveling algorithm. It may be you have hit up upon a defective block. Formatting may mark it as unusable.

Alan,

I did a check of the media and Win 7 reported it as ok. I reformatted anyway, reinstalled the data files, reinstalled it in my PRS1 and the problem still existed. I've only had the card for a few months. Worst case would be about 120 read/write cycles. I can't imagine solid state nonvolatile memory going bad after that few cycles.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have FlashAir cards that have been in constant use for over 8 months, without failures, but not without a few glitches.

With the cards in my PRS1 760P, every few months SleepyHead will
have a problem with the data for one day. Checked the data with Encore Basic and all is OK. Don't know where the glitch is, but I suspect SH.

The regular windows disk utilities will work on the FlashAir, scan for errors and defrag.

Tom
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2015, 10:46 AM)WSHenry Wrote: I've only had the card for a few months. Worst case would be about 120 read/write cycles. I can't imagine solid state nonvolatile memory going bad after that few cycles.

Things can go wrong for no apparent reason. I had a card a couple of months old go bad. I had it in my laptop and noticed the plastic to right of the keyboard was getting hot. So I reached for the SD card and it burned my fingers! It was HOT. I'd used it without incident quite a few times but it just decided it was time to die, I guess. Couldn't read or write to it after it cooled down, either.

So yeah, stuff happens. Best to have a backup card ready.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 122 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 191 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  F30 Full Face Mask - total failure?? BobH56 20 3,365 12-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rhwoe
  CPAP Failure, ASV Attempter, Still Failure ophiuchus 16 1,466 07-10-2023, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ophiuchus
  Set myself up for failure? Newbie768 4 573 01-15-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 941 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  [Pressure] Maximum pressure in heart failure? edgnoj 0 494 11-04-2022, 04:58 AM
Last Post: edgnoj

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.