FlashAir, can i mount a shared SMB folder?
Deen0X Offline

New Members

Machine: none
Mask Type: Not using mask
Mask Make & Model: none
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: none
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

FlashAir, can i mount a shared SMB folder?
Hi everybody.

first of all, apologyze my english.
and second... sorry if this thread is not here. i really don´t know where i can ask about this.

My question:

Is there any way to mount a shared folder (smb) on my lan onto FlashAir to read the directory contents from the device where is inserted the FlashAir SD card?

my goal:

I want to provide a way to connect directly some android devices, to read contents from a lan resource

time ago, i usually mount this using CIFS, but last kernels come without this module, and is not possible to mount and read directly files from a shared folder on my computer.

there is some partial solutions such ES File Explorer that allow to connect to SMB (and other sources) of shared resource, and read some files such media files (images, movies, audio) that are streammed directly to the device, giving the feeling that you're reading directly from the shared resource.

the main problem of this solution is that only can "stream" media files, and only can be donde using the ES File Explorer APP

If i want to load a ROM from mame, or ISO for PSP (as example), i can´t use this method (es file explorer)

then, my idea is to generate a folder on the FlashAir, that is mounted on some shared resource en my lan, and allow to the device to read this folder as part of SDCard. If i get a folder on my computer full of ROMs or ISOs, i want to read it from the device, via FlashAir SD Card.

is possible?

i was looking for CIFS, mount smb, etc... but i did not find anything similar, or any other users asking some like this.

i will appreciate any info or clue you can give to me about this topic.

thanks in advance!
02-23-2016 06:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FlashPAP / Flashair - Connection Refused? IMSleeplessInSeattle 1 136 09-23-2016 07:20 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  FlashAir & SleepMaster: won't reconnect after power down or removal chill 5 274 09-11-2016 01:51 AM
Last Post: Jack_Russell_Fan
  FlashAir & W10 build 1607 troubles natyprueba 0 195 09-04-2016 11:31 AM
Last Post: natyprueba
Gross Sleepyhead - Opens Wrong Default Data Folder EVERY TIME! marc31 14 567 08-03-2016 09:40 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  FlashAir 3 Wireless Timeout ronsch00 1 345 06-26-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Auto backup of SD card to Dropbox using FlashAir karmann 7 528 06-14-2016 02:38 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Flashair - new CONFIG options AlanE 4 804 05-19-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr