Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir, can i mount a shared SMB folder?
FlashAir, can i mount a shared SMB folder?
Hi everybody.

first of all, apologyze my english.
and second... sorry if this thread is not here. i really don´t know where i can ask about this.

My question:

Is there any way to mount a shared folder (smb) on my lan onto FlashAir to read the directory contents from the device where is inserted the FlashAir SD card?

my goal:

I want to provide a way to connect directly some android devices, to read contents from a lan resource

time ago, i usually mount this using CIFS, but last kernels come without this module, and is not possible to mount and read directly files from a shared folder on my computer.

there is some partial solutions such ES File Explorer that allow to connect to SMB (and other sources) of shared resource, and read some files such media files (images, movies, audio) that are streammed directly to the device, giving the feeling that you're reading directly from the shared resource.

the main problem of this solution is that only can "stream" media files, and only can be donde using the ES File Explorer APP

If i want to load a ROM from mame, or ISO for PSP (as example), i can´t use this method (es file explorer)

then, my idea is to generate a folder on the FlashAir, that is mounted on some shared resource en my lan, and allow to the device to read this folder as part of SDCard. If i get a folder on my computer full of ROMs or ISOs, i want to read it from the device, via FlashAir SD Card.

is possible?

i was looking for CIFS, mount smb, etc... but i did not find anything similar, or any other users asking some like this.

i will appreciate any info or clue you can give to me about this topic.

thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 752 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,830 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  Moving the Oscar_Data Folder on M1 Mac DaRef 4 651 11-11-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: DaRef
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,924 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 835 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 516 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,160 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.