Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir card and changing SSID
FlashAir card and changing SSID
I have a Flashair card I use with my Dreamstation II. I have been running it for several years, however the FlashPAP/ Sleepmaster setup drives me nuts. I wrote directions on how to make this work, so did others. I found 

"Using a FlashAir 64GB SD card with a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet on a Mac"

article to be the best written.

I travel between two places where the networks have different SSIDs. At the 2nd location, I would just change the network SSID to that of the 1st location, download the data using either Sleepmaster / FlashPap, and the return the SSID to that of 1st. This year, I decided how difficult could it be to change the Flashair configuration to match the SSID. It turned out to be a PIA. I eventually got it working again with FlashPAP working, but Sleepmaster not. That's fine, someday I'll sit down and figure out what is wrong with Sleepmaster. I have returned to location 1 and now need to reconfigure the Flashair card for this SSID. Has anyone done this? I just want to configure Flashair / FlashPAP with my 1st location SSID. Simple?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashAir card and changing SSID
I have not needed to do this, but thought I'd offer a suggestion.  Create 2 CONFIG files, one configured with the SSID and password for location #1 and the second setup for location #2 for its SSID/password.  You will name them something like CONFIG1.txt and CONFIG2.txt.  Save them in the FlashAir's SD_WLAN directory.   Whenever you change locations, open this directory, delete the CONFIG file, and copy/paste the desired location's file within the directory.  Now, rename the copy to "CONFIG" and you're good to go.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
EDIT:  I just went back and reread your original post.  Stupid me didn't pick up on the verbiage, "on a Mac" . . .  duh!  I will research the Mac's code for doing the same thing and get back to you.

Update to my previous post...
Here are two batch files that you store in the SD_WLAN directory too.  I used the example filename in my post above for this example.

Location1.bat:
Code:
del CONFIG
copy Location1.txt CONFIG

Location2.bat:
Code:
del CONFIG
copy Location2.txt CONFIG

All you have to do is double-click on one of the batch files to reset the CONFIG file to the parameters for either network.

Mac/Linux version:
Location1.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
rm -rf CONFIG
cp Location1.txt CONFIG

Location2.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
rm -rf CONFIG
cp Location2.txt CONFIG

After creating these files, set them to be executable.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's my plan going forward. Should have started that the first time I changed the config file 5 mos. ago. Stupid me!

Thanks Red.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm wondering if there is more to it than that? Is something written in the FlashAir partition? So I am wondering if I have to run the FlashAirTool.app to change the SSID and then change the config file? Hope I don't have to do a full INIT on it?
Post Reply Post Reply
The easiest way is to insert the FlashAir in your PC, change the CONFIG file parameters, remove it, and insert it in the Resmed. The only caveat would be if the 2 networks are on different IP ranges. Then you would need 2 different FlashPAP or Sleepmaster profiles.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing is now working.

Let me explain again and tell you what I have done.

I have 2 networks with different SSIDS. Let's say location Home with SSID=loactionHomeNet, and location Away with SSID=locationAwayNet. Everything else is the same, ie network password and IP address for FlashAir. In the past when I wanted to download my data, I would log onto the router, change the SSID from locationAwayNet to locationHomeNet, download the CPAP data with FlashPAP, and then change the SSID back to locationAwayNet.

I changed my FlashSir setup to locationAwayNet by basically starting over ie erase and start the whole setup from scratch. I last downloaded my data at my away location successfully.

Now, at home of course my FlashAir card is not recognized. I put my sdcard (SDDISK) into my computer. I duplicated the CONFIG and user files in the SD_WLAN directory. I named one of the duplicated files AWAY_CONFIG and the other AWAY_user. I edited the CONFIG file and changed APPSSID=locationHomeNet,
APPNETWORKKEY=networkpassword (from ***************). I made the same changes in user file. I ejected and remounted SDDISK. FlashPAP can't find. APPNETWORKKEY=networkpassword remains visible not ***************. I tried running flashairtool.app and get the "Check the FlashAir version ..." message, which I can't get around.

I am about to erase and start over, but there must be something I am missing? There must be an easier way?

EDIT: FWIW - ? (192.168.1.220) at (incomplete) on en4 ifscope [ethernet] (from arp -a)
Post Reply Post Reply
The FlashAir only negotiates a connection to a Wi-Fi network at bootup. If you change the SSID, then it will not see the card until you reboot the FlashAir.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
How do you reboot the FlashAir? I thought ejecting and remounting rebooted the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's it! You got that step down. Big Grin
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 757 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,892 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Crashes when Changing the Language hisaotsu 7 1,040 11-29-2023, 05:42 AM
Last Post: hisaotsu
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 96,024 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 694 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 606 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 839 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.