Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir card and connected computer
FlashAir card and connected computer
I just got a 16GB FlashAir W-04 in today. Then realized I may have made an error.

My desktop is hardwired to the router. It is not wireless. I do have a wireless router, though, that works well with phones, laptop, and printer.

Can I still use the FlashPAP thingy and access the card via the network on the hardwired desktop? Or do I need to use the laptop wireless ability?

I'm feeling very blonde today so be gentle with my stupidity. Wink
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashAir card and connected computer
(07-15-2019, 06:02 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I just got a 16GB FlashAir W-04 in today. Then realized I may have made an error.

My desktop is hardwired to the router. It is not wireless. I do have a wireless router, though, that works well with phones, laptop, and printer.

Can I still use the FlashPAP thingy and access the card via the network on the hardwired desktop? Or do I need to use the laptop wireless ability?

I'm feeling very blonde today so be gentle with my stupidity.  Wink

Is your desktop hardwired to the same router that provides wireless service to your other devices?  Then, yes, that will work so that the IP address of the desktop is in the same subnet as your wireless devices.  This is a common, though not universal, way of configuring a mix of hardwired and wireless devices.

That is, in fact, how my network is configured.  Two desktops are hardwired to the same router that provides wireless service to other devices, including two FlashAir cards.  I have a laptop that is sometimes run wireless and sometimes hardwired.

(Actually, my configuration is messier than that!  Cable service to cable box (which includes wireless that I do not use), to Asus router (wireless and hardwired all connected here).
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashAir card and connected computer
Oh! Good! I thought that might be the case but....like I said, kinda blonde today.

Not tried it out yet. Decided I needed to wait until brain engages.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 282 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 740 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,670 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Exclaimation Import CSV from computer KK7X 2 584 10-29-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: KK7X
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,513 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 679 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 597 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.