Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir extend WiFi range
FlashAir extend WiFi range
After giving up on the FlashCard and my WiFi network, I may have found a fix.
I gave this a try to see if I could get a reliable connection . So far so good.
25inch SD to Micro SD Card Adapter Extension Cable Extender SDHC For Car GPS TV off ebay

[Image: lUf0jIPl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashAir extend WiFi range
Good idea! How far away are you from your WiFi access point?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That SD extender cable is also a new product at AdaFruit...
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2018, 10:38 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Good idea!  How far away are you from your WiFi access point?

My router Netgear D6200 is about 10m away and 2 walls. There is also a router cheap TP-link  closer + wall but it gets picked up by the Netgear.
With the wonderful world of WiFi I'm ready for it to stop working at some stage "just cause".  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending on what you are using the TP-Link for, you might be able to turn it into a repeater for the Netgear.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well after the good results early on, I am back to unreliable connection. Some days it works, some days FlashPap finds the card and times out . Other days nothing. Just not enough grunt from the little antenna.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2018, 05:03 PM)dwd1249 Wrote: Well after the good results early on, I am back to unreliable connection. Some days it works, some days FlashPap finds the card and times out . Other days nothing. Just not enough grunt from the little antenna.

I have noticed that if I change any CPAP parameters (pressure, VAuto to CPAP, etc) that I will lose communication with the FlashAir. Removing and replacing the card will reestablish communication again and all is "good-to-go".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I came across this tidbit of knowledge while playing with my FlashAir. The Toshiba FlashAir is limited to a 20Mhz maximum bandwidth.  Some WiFi access points have the ability to adjust this size. The newer WiFi access points have a default of 40Mhz, with an option to enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence. This option is located somewhere in the 2.4Ghz parameter section.  Netgear has this parameter located in the Advanced->Advanced Setup->Wireless Settings.  The FlashAir will either not connect or have connection problems if the bandwidth is set above 20Mhz.  

What the bandwidth setting does:
The greater the bandwidth, sometimes listed as: "Channel Spectrum Width, can be used to control the channel width consumed by your link/device. Using a higher channel width will increase throughput. Using a lower channel width will allow an increased number of channels to be used (including more non-overlapping channels). Lowering channel width may also provide more robust links over long distances.

I hope this may help someone.

Edit:  In case you think you're experiencing Déjà vu, I'm putting this post in a separate thread so it won't get lost.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
For what ever reason my FlashAir has downloaded with no problems for the last 6 days. No doubt I just cursed myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
For a couple of days, my FlashAir downloads via FlashPAP were wonky, either not finding the card on the network (admittedly, it has to go through an Amped range extender first to get to my Netgear wireless router and then my computer) or timing out on the download and crapping out. However, this was while my wireless network was doing some heavy lifting, so to speak, because I was doing huge data backups across the network, in addition to the usual household perpetual streaming of home surveillance cams and family members consisting of the generation that doesn't believe in owning any media files anymore, let alone hard copies on physical media, but rather stream everything under the sun. Anyhow, when the backups had completed and there was a relative lull in the streaming, FlashPAP was able to download my CPAP data from the FlashAir over to the SleepyHead on my computer lickety split. Point is, even though the actual CPAP data is minuscule, it might still be hard to access it on an overtaxed wireless network.

Hey, beats sneakernetting it across the house day after day. Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,932 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 671 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,254 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 645 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,257 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  Can OSCAR calculate AHI for a selected time range on the daily? kenmai9 2 507 10-31-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: kenmai9
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,968 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.