Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir for dummies
FlashAir for dummies
I've read every post I can find on how to setup a FlashAir card but am still having no luck.  Can someone post simple steps or refer me to a really clear explanation?

For testing, I have my FlashAir card in a laptop and am trying to test access from a different PC.  I want the FlashAir card on the same address range as my other PCs - all allocated by my router, but I can easily use a static IP instead of DHCP (and I think that would be better).  My address range is 192.168.1.* with DHCP starting at .101.

I'm sure this information is here somewhere, but I can't find it.  I see a few threads were people are helping the OP who finally says they got it working, but not stating what they did.  And some posts refer to websites that no longer exist.

At this point the CONFIG file is probably garbage so I should just write a new one.

Thanks for any/all help!

John
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashAir for dummies
Welcome John.

I agree, setting up a FlashAir SD Card is a pain.  I struggled on and off for months and finally hit the key combination that worked for me.

The Config file on mine is:
[Vendor] 
CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.03
CID=02544d535736344755f330e37a012101
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=ResMed                                  [This will be whatever network name you want to name it]
APPNETWORKKEY=12345678                 [This will be whatever network password you want on your FlashAir. Certain things will change this to all stars - ********, when this happens, you must replace the ******** with your password before rewriting to the card.]
APPMODE=6
APPAUTOTIME=30000
DNSMODE=1
BRGSSID=Johns_Private_Network_Name       [This will be whatever your wireless network name is]
BRGNETWORKKEY=JohnsNetworkPassword   [This will be whatever your wireless network password is.  Ditto in the ******** as noted above]
LOCK=1
WEBDAV=1
TIMEZONE=-28

So with this Config file, the procedure for getting your data wirelessly is...
Go to your network settings (I'm an Apple guy, so no hablo Windows) and change to your FlashAir network.
Run FlashPAP (I'm not going to go into setting up FlashPAP here) and click "Scan Card...." and "Copy......".
Close FlashPAP.
Change back to your personal WiFi network.
Open OSCAR and run the CPAP Importer.

I'm sure there are lots of details not included here, but they are relatively simple and it's getting late - gonna turn into a pumpkin hose-head soon.

There is supposed to be a mode to make the FlashAir link somehow to your existing network and the files look like like a drive/files thereon.  But I could never get that mode to work.

I hope this helps.  You can find a lot of info here and on the web in general by searching "Toshiba FlashAir".  Also, somewhere along the way, I read to use up to a 32 GB card.  The 64 GB card was the same price at the time a works just fine.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a long thread where we discuss all sorts of issues and resolutions.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-and-OSCAR

Post 11 is great.

I didn't set mine to static, but to "reserved". It always has the same address even after router reboots or outage.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Paula.

I'll be playing around with FlashAir settings too.
I have a problem where my iPad and iPhone seem to jump onto my FlashAir network instead of my regular WiFi and of course that causes problems. And unfortunately, there isn't any way to prevent it from happening.  So maybe I can resolve that issue with the techniques shared in the other thread.

Thanks
RayBee

~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
RayBee,
If your devices are connecting to it directly, then you must have it set up as an Internet pass-thru mode connection and not as a Wi-Fi client(standalone mode). To act as a Wi-Fi client the following setting must be used in the CONFIG file, APPMODE=5.

Also, you mentioned iPhone and iPad. If you are using a Mac to set up a FlashAir, there may be an additional problem. Unlike a Windows OS system, the macOS, Unix and Linux text editors by default don't use the CR+LF(carriage return + line feed) for an end-of-line terminator. The FlashAir requires the CR+LF or else the CONFIG file will be read as one continuous line of code. This will make it inoperable. Most editors in the Linux and macOS systems allow the option to set how an end-of-line is terminated. This option can be either under the editor's "Preferences" setting or be an option when you are saving the file.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info Crimson Nape.

That may be why I was having so many difficulties. I will probably play around with the Config file later today after a meeting I have to go to.
RayBee

~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions.

Well, it looked like I had it working.  FlashPap could (intermittently) read from the FlashAir card when I had it plugged into my laptop and everything looked great.  So I plugged into my DreamStation and somehow the card was essentially erased.  All of my FlashAir stuff was deleted as well as most of the data.  No idea why that happened.  And I did not have a backup of my seemingly working CONFIG file. Sad

Time to start over...

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, and the FlashAir utility no longer recognizes it as a FlashAir card.  It queries for what drive contains the card and gives me an error about the FlashAir version.

Won't let me play with the card at all now.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the problem was that the FlashAir card was formatted with an ExFat partition and the DreamStation didn't recognize it so it reformatted it.

Unfortunately now I can't do anything with the FlashAir utilities - the FlashAir firmware update tool doesn't recognize the card and neither does the FlashAir tool.

Any ideas how to get the card back to being usable with a FAT32 partition so the DreasmStation will be happy with it?

Thanks,

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Format it from your PC to a FAT32. Use either the "Eject" or "Safely remove a USB" device option. If you reinsert it back in the PC the SD_WLAN directory should reappear. Safely eject it again and let you CPAP format it to its requirement. Now, you will be ready to configure your CONFIG file. Male a copy of the card for one of those "just in case" moments.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 740 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,670 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,514 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 826 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 511 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,156 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor
  Flashair W-04 32GB doesn't works anymore Filippods 12 1,392 10-18-2022, 03:15 PM
Last Post: NesporBellisRM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.