Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir for dummies
RE: FlashAir for dummies
Looks like part of the problem is that I have a 64GB card and that cannot be formatted as FAT32.  I'm trying to simply create a single 32GB partition and format that as FAT32, but that isn't working yet.

Does anyone know if this is possible with a 64GB card?
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, this looks like it is working.  After copying my old data to the FlashAir card and putting into the DreamStation I can see the data using a browser.

Now I wait until tomorrow to see if new data is recorded and I can access it with FlashPap.

Getting close...
Post Reply Post Reply
I had that problem a few times too. The FlashAir utilities wouldn't recognize the SD card. I tried reformatting it in my ResMed ASV and as FAT 32 in Disk Utility on my Mac - no good. I reformatted it in my Nikon camera and the FlashAir utilities were fine with the card again. At least I have a fallback if/when it dumbs down to that level.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, it is now working the way I wanted it to.  By that I mean I can access the FlashAir card from any PC on my home network without having to log into the FlashAir network - it is seamless.

My CONFIG file:

[Vendor]
CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=6
APPNETWORKKEY=********
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.04
CID=02544d535736344755f467277b012501
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=flashair
LOCK=1
WEBDAV=1
UPLOAD=1
TIMEZONE=-20
APPAUTOTIME=300000
DNSMODE=1
BRGSSID=Panda                 <----- Home Wireless SSID
BRGNETWORKKEY=***********     <----- Home Wireless password

[WLANSD]
DHCP_Enabled=No
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
Default_Gateway=192.168.1,1
IP_Address=192.168.1.99

Edit the home wireless info  to match your wirless situation and change the IP information at the end if needed.

I bought a 64GB card which doesn't support FAT32 in a single partition so I had to repartition and reformat it.  If you need to do that, copy the existing files off of the card, delete the existing partition and create a new one with a size of 32768MB (leaving the rest of the card unallocated).  Format new new partition as FAT32 and copy the original files back.  Then replace the hidden CONFIG file with the above contents, edited as needed.  

I can now run FlashPAP from any PC on the network and just specify the IP address that was included in the CONFIG file (192.168.1.99 in my case).

FYI, running FlashPap was a little flaky at first which i believe was due to the distance between the FlashAir card and one our wireless access point.  Originally it was 25-30 feet which worked intermittently.  I now have it about 10 feet away and it works much better.

WebDAV is enabled in this configuration so you can point a web browser at your IP and see the FlashAir contents in the browser.

Thanks for all of the help offered above.

Now to learn how to interpret all of the data that OSCAR is showing me...

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2020, 09:26 AM)Drifty Wrote: OK, it is now working the way I wanted it to.  By that I mean I can access the FlashAir card from any PC on my home network without having to log into the FlashAir network - it is seamless.

My CONFIG file:

[Vendor]
CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=6
APPNETWORKKEY=********
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.04
CID=02544d535736344755f467277b012501
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=flashair
LOCK=1
WEBDAV=1
UPLOAD=1
TIMEZONE=-20
APPAUTOTIME=300000
DNSMODE=1
BRGSSID=Panda                 <----- Home Wireless SSID
BRGNETWORKKEY=***********     <----- Home Wireless password

[WLANSD]
DHCP_Enabled=No
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
Default_Gateway=192.168.1,1   <---- is there a comma here????
IP_Address=192.168.1.99

Edit the home wireless info  to match your wirless situation and change the IP information at the end if needed.

I bought a 64GB card which doesn't support FAT32 in a single partition so I had to repartition and reformat it.  If you need to do that, copy the existing files off of the card, delete the existing partition and create a new one with a size of 32768MB (leaving the rest of the card unallocated).  Format new new partition as FAT32 and copy the original files back.  Then replace the hidden CONFIG file with the above contents, edited as needed.  

I can now run FlashPAP from any PC on the network and just specify the IP address that was included in the CONFIG file (192.168.1.99 in my case).

FYI, running FlashPap was a little flaky at first which i believe was due to the distance between the FlashAir card and one our wireless access point.  Originally it was 25-30 feet which worked intermittently.  I now have it about 10 feet away and it works much better.

WebDAV is enabled in this configuration so you can point a web browser at your IP and see the FlashAir contents in the browser.

Thanks for all of the help offered above.

Now to learn how to interpret all of the data that OSCAR is showing me...

John
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
No commas are used in an IP address, only periods.  The correct assignment should be, "Default_Gateway=192.168.1.1".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2020, 10:32 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: No commas are used in an IP address, only periods.  The correct assignment should be, "Default_Gateway=192.168.1.1".

Right you are - that is a typo.  Curious that it works...

Good catch.  If I ever take the card out of the machine I'll fix that.

Thanks,

John
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to go up and get my new 'puter this week. When I get back, I'll have to re-install FlashPap and all that. As I do it, I'll write down everything I do. Y'all can confirm it then we'll turn it into a wiki article.

When we get to that point, we'll also include all the "don't do this" things.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 591 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,024 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,441 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 783 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 487 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,088 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor
  Flashair W-04 32GB doesn't works anymore Filippods 12 1,336 10-18-2022, 03:15 PM
Last Post: NesporBellisRM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.