Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir stopped working...
FlashAir stopped working...
I have been using FlashAir and FlashPAP for some time, probably about 2 years. Occasionally, such as after a power outage, I get a message saying 'Connection Refused' 'Try reinserting card into xPAP machine' and this has always corrected the problem. Except this time...

I am able to ping the card's IP address (192.168.178.25) but not connect to it. I moved the card into a card reader in my PC, just a metre or less from my WiFi access point and still no joy.

I ended up copying the entire contents to a hard drive and reformatting the card using the FlashAir tool, then copying the CONFIG back in. No joy, so I reinserted the card into the CPAP machine (Resmed S10) and tried again which created a new DATALOG folder on the card. But I still cannot connect. 

Any ideas folks?
Thanks, Bernie.

Contents of SD_WLAN/CONFIG:

[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=4
APPNETWORKKEY=********
VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.01
CID=02544d535731364740d386d279010b01
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPNAME=FlashAir
APPSSID=Home_BB
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=300000
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=2
DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.178.25
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashAir stopped working...
Discovered what has happened...

I recently purchased and installed a Chromecast Ultra, and somehow it has acquired the IP address of 192.168.178.25 which I thought was reserved for the FlashAir.
That explains why I could ping it, but not connect to it.

So I changed the IP address in the FlashAir config to a spare IP address, 192.168.178.23, and in my FritzBox router changed the MAC address of that IP address to match what I had previously recorded as belonging to the FlashAir. 

However, I still cannot either connect or ping 192.168.178.23 and have been trying to confirm the MAC address of the FlashAir. I've probably killed it by reformatting the card
and copying in the previous config. I guess I could copy the entire backup I made to the SD card (and change the IP address again from the old one to the new one)?
Post Reply Post Reply
I also had problems with my flashair. It just stopped responding and I tried to fiddle around with the configuration work no luck.

But just a few days later it just started responding again.

I still get sometimes that it stops responding and then I pop it out and in again and sometimes it starts working again. And if it doesn't I just wait to next day.

I think the hardware is perhaps not the most reliable after some googling it seems it doesn't exist any newer sd-wifi solutions as the main users being photo application have cameras with the WiFi in the camera instead.

I was looking into buying a replacement card but they have gotten so expensive now as they doesn't sell many nowadays so I'm only finding it at unpopular webshops.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see 2 things you need to try:

1. Since you edited the CONFIG to assign a new IP, you needed to retype the password, in place of the asterisks ("*"). Otherwise, when you save the file your password will be asterisks and not the actual password. Anytime you edit this file, you are required to retype the password before saving it.

2. You need to edit the device acting as your DHCP server and raise the starting IP to something like 50, 75, or 100. This will allow all IPs below this number to be used as static without the DHCP trying to assign them.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you harre and Crimson. I reinserted the SD card into the Resmed last night, and had resigned myself to the fact that it was probably 'bricked'. I had already retyped the password in as Crimson suggested, but had not changed the IP address range.
However...
To my complete surprise I typed http://192.168.178.23 into my browser this morning, and it connected! I then ran FlashPAP and managed to get the data from last night into Oscar! I am a little astounded, but happy!  The DATALOG folder only contains the one file, but I guess that I could copy the historical files from the backup folder that I made, but as they are already in Oscar not much point in doing that. The only other mystery is that I cannot see the SD_WLAN/CONFIG folders in the listing in my browser (see attachment)?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The web server of the FlashAir will not show that directory in your web browser.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes sense! Thanks Crimson.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 81 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,244 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,127 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,950 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 597 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar stopped recording fstbiker 1 604 06-29-2023, 05:33 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.