Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir - why flashpap or sleep master?
FlashAir - why flashpap or sleep master?
I am just getting started on trying to use a FlashAir card, and have been reading various posts on how to do that.

The instructions talk about using FlashPap or Sleep Master.  Why are these programs needed?  If (that appears to be a big IF) I can set up the FlashAir card in STA mode and map it to a drive (in Windows), can't Sleepyhead just read the card directly?

What am I missing?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashAir - why flashpap or sleep master?
The Flashair Card does not support SMB drive mapping as such. It provides either WebDav or HTML interface so an application is needed to copy the changed files from the Flashair website to a local directory. It's easier to use an application to do that I like and use Flashpap as it can be driven from a batch file with commandline switches then I can copy the data to a virtual SD card on my laptop and also use that data for both Sleepyhead and Resscan which will only import from a removable disk.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  I tried FlashPap -- seems the easiest.  And the great news is that it worked!

And yet another reason to find ResScan frustrating.
Post Reply Post Reply
To use ResScan along with the FlashAir, you will need to create a virtual removable drive. This is because ResScan will only read from one. I use DAEMON Tools software to create mine. I'm sure there are several other applications out there that will provide you with the same result. I thought I'd mention its name to help point you in a direction to solve this.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it's easy enough to create a virtual drive, and I will do that as needed. Fortunately, I have little use for ResScan now that I have printed my 30-day compliance report, which I will bring to my dr this afternoon. For daily use, I use Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you can do exactly what you're thinking you can, but maybe with one extra step. I have mine set up essentially as a network device with a fixed IP address. I mapped that IP as network drive V on my laptop. Sleepyhead will read that V drive directly, but Resscan requires me to copy the data onto an SD card in the laptop slot. That's not a problem, since I use Free File Sync to automatically copy the files over every morning at 10 am in the background.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2018, 09:13 PM)edfreeman Wrote: Yes, you can do exactly what you're thinking you can, but maybe with one extra step.  I have mine set up essentially as a network device with a fixed IP address.  I mapped that IP as network drive V on my laptop.  Sleepyhead will read that V drive directly, but Resscan requires me to copy the data onto an SD card in the laptop slot.  That's not a problem, since I use Free File Sync to automatically copy the files over every morning at 10 am in the background.

New user here...  re: SD card in the laptop slot - I had some success copying the contents of the SD card for my wifes' AirSense 10 Autoset to a freshly formatted USB flash drive.  It allowed me to play with the data while she was using the CPAP last night.  Microsoft has a free tool - RichCopy, that will retain the file timestamps - ever copy the photos from a phone and now they all have the same creation date?  RichCopy will fix that.  RichCopy can also be executed from a command line.

Thank you for the information you provided in this thread.  I'm considering picking up a wifi SD card so I can get the daily detail data from my wifes' machine.  This really helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2018, 10:16 PM)geppetto Wrote: .  .  .  I'm considering picking up a wifi SD card so I can get the daily detail data from my wifes' machine. 

There are several different brands of WiFi SD cards available.  Some manufacturer's products are not compatible with the command set used for CPAP data transfer. All the software that is used in conjunction with these cards and CPAP's are aimed at the Toshiba FlashAir.  The size of this card can be 8Gb to 32Gb. Look for the best price.

I hope this will help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2018, 07:58 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 10:16 PM)geppetto Wrote: .  .  .  I'm considering picking up a wifi SD card so I can get the daily detail data from my wifes' machine. 

There are several different brands of WiFi SD cards available.  Some manufacturer's products are not compatible with the command set used for CPAP data transfer.   All the software that is used in conjunction with these cards and CPAP's are aimed at the Toshiba FlashAir.  The size of this card can be 8Gb to 32Gb. Look for the best price.

I hope this will help.

This is true. I remember learning that lesson last year, with the helpful guidance of an Advisory Member you may be familiar with. Big Grin

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid225651

tl;dr: Stick with Toshiba Flashair.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2018, 03:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: To use ResScan along with the FlashAir, you will need to create a virtual removable drive.  This is because ResScan will only read from one.  I use DAEMON Tools software to create mine.  I'm sure there are several other applications out there that will provide you with the same result.  I thought I'd mention its name to help point you in a direction to solve this.

Which of the many Daemon Tools products did you use, and on what type of system?  I'm running Window 7 64-bit.  I've used CD and other virtual-drive emulators, but it's surprisingly hard to find SD-card emulators; must not be much demand out there.

I can see my FlashAir card now, either mounted as a drive letter on my PC over my LAN or with FlashPAP, but Rescan as you know will ignore the data if it doesn't appear to be on an SD card and not removing the SD card from my Autoset 10 was the whole point of the FlashAir.

I'm almost there, just this tiny bit remains.  I can forego Rescan if I have to, because SleepyHead is wonderful, but my touch of OCD won't let this problem go just yet.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 610 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,029 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,452 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,114 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 784 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Sleep HQ now can import Apple Watch sleep data JCW888 2 1,804 06-02-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Sleep Master 6.0 Jack_Russell_Fan 66 19,969 05-10-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.