Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir - why flashpap or sleep master?
RE: FlashAir - why flashpap or sleep master?
I'm running Win7-64 Pro as well. I use the Ultra version. Under Tools, I select the VHD and "add a VHD". The size doesn't have to be anything above 4Gb (Resmed's maximum size anyway). Under "Mount as" I select "Removable storage". I'm good to go.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2018, 11:55 AM)JimInPT Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 03:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: To use ResScan along with the FlashAir, you will need to create a virtual removable drive.  This is because ResScan will only read from one.  I use DAEMON Tools software to create mine.  I'm sure there are several other applications out there that will provide you with the same result.  I thought I'd mention its name to help point you in a direction to solve this.

Which of the many Daemon Tools products did you use, and on what type of system?  I'm running Window 7 64-bit.  I've used CD and other virtual-drive emulators, but it's surprisingly hard to find SD-card emulators; must not be much demand out there.

I can see my FlashAir card now, either mounted as a drive letter on my PC over my LAN or with FlashPAP, but Rescan as you know will ignore the data if it doesn't appear to be on an SD card and not removing the SD card from my Autoset 10 was the whole point of the FlashAir.

I'm almost there, just this tiny bit remains.  I can forego Rescan if I have to, because SleepyHead is wonderful, but my touch of OCD won't let this problem go just yet.

Thanks!

Can you share your FlashAir configuration and how you got the device to appear as a drive letter?  I can ping the card from my Windows 10 desktop, but have not gotten it to appear as a drive letter.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe you need to set "WebDav=1" in the CONFIG file.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2018, 01:20 PM)BlueDragon75 Wrote: Can you share your FlashAir configuration and how you got the device to appear as a drive letter?  I can ping the card from my Windows 10 desktop, but have not gotten it to appear as a drive letter.

Thanks!

Once I got it visible in FlashPAP, I simply used My Computer, then right-clicked on "Computer" and selected "Map network drive" and assigned a drive letter to the FlashAir's IP address, in my case I entered "http://192.168.0.43" into the Folder box and chose drive letter X.  

Here's a screenshot showing how to get the process started; I hope this helps. Note: it's just a 16GB FlashAir, the specs shown for the virtual drive are all messed up, but it works fine. I just access Drive X to copy the files over for backup; Rescan will not access them because it doesn't see the drive as an SD card. FlashPAP will retreive the data easily, so I use that to update the date into SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my problem is that I cannot get the FlashAir even to show up on the list of networks. Could you share your CONFIG settings? Maybe I'm missing something there?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2018, 02:16 PM)BlueDragon75 Wrote: Well, my problem is that I cannot get the FlashAir even to show up on the list of networks.  Could you share your CONFIG settings?  Maybe I'm missing something there?

Ok, here's the entire contents of my CONFIG file in the hidden SD_WLAN folder:

[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=6
APPNETWORKKEY=**************
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.00
CID=02544d535731364754d1c3bf7b011901
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
WEBDAV=1
TIMEZONE=-28
APPSSID=CPAP FlashAir
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
BRGSSID=boo!
BRGNETWORKKEY=***********
APPAUTOTIME=1800000
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, you are using APPMODE=6 and I am using APPMODE=5. I'll have to go back to reading about APPMODE=6.
Post Reply Post Reply
5 Start the wireless LAN function in auto start mode.
Sets the Wireless LAN to STA mode.

6 Start the wireless LAN function in auto start mode.
Sets the Wireless LAN to "Internet pass-thru" mode.
(FW 2.00.02+)

STA mode (APPMODE=5)
In STA mode (ie. Station Mode), the FlashAir becomes a Wireless LAN client. This requires another device to act as the access point.
The config file parameters APPSSID and APPNETWORKKEY set the SSID and Network Security Key respectively.

Internet pass-thru mode (APPMODE=6)
In Internet pass-thru mode, the FlashAir becomes both a Wireless Access Point, and a Wireless LAN client.
This allows you to connect to the internet while also connected to your FlashAir.
If the card fails to connect to the second access point, only AP mode functionality will be enabled.
The config file parameters APPSSID and APPNETWORKKEY set the SSID and Network Security Key respectively.
The security mode is WPA2-AES.
The config file parameters BRGSSID and BRGNETWORKKEY set the SSID and Network Security Key to use for the second access point.

APPMODE=5 is the normal mode to use in most situations.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2018, 02:48 PM)JimInPT Wrote: VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.00

Looks like he is using W-04 Flashair and if you are using W-03 with firmware older than 2.00.02 APPMODE=6 or APPMODE=3 won't work.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
AlanE, Mine is a W-04 also. I just noticed that the specs say that APPNETWORKKEY may not contain blanks. If that is true, is there a workaround? I'm not wanting to change my network key on all my devices.

OTOH, FlashPAP is working, so maybe I'll just leave well enough alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 610 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,029 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,460 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,114 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 785 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Sleep HQ now can import Apple Watch sleep data JCW888 2 1,804 06-02-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Sleep Master 6.0 Jack_Russell_Fan 66 19,973 05-10-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.