Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir
FlashAir
Can somebody point me at a thread in which FlashAir is installed in an Apple machine?  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashAir
I confused.  FlashAir is the brand name of Toshiba's WiFi SD card and not software.  If inserted into a SD card reader, the contents will display like any other SD card except it will have an additional directory, SD_WLAN.  This directory contains the CONFIG file that provides the wireless  circuitry with configuration parameters.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry.  I meant SleepMaster using a FlashAir in an S9 VPAP Auto using an Apple MacBook Pro Retina system.  I know there's another system besides the SleepMaster and I'm willing to use that if available.  I just want to do something to get the FlashAir working.  I have an Eero network.  Thank you.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Both SleepMaster and FlashPAP are written in Java.  This is an interpreted language program that is executed by the Java engine installed for your particular operating system.   Because it is interpreted, the same code is used for all operating systems thus making it look and operate the same regardless of your OS.  This also means that any operating/setup instructions for either program are valid on any computer platform.  

Both programs include on screen prompts to take you through the setup steps.  The only thing I would recommend before setting up the SD card is to create a directory on your PC first. This directory will be dedicated to the storage of the SD card's contents during download and nothing else.   You would then direct SleepyHead to read the data from this file for importing.  

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  It did show in orange in the correct order for the first time.  However, the card I used must have been bad as it didn't finish - it told me that it couldn't.  I bought another card and the orange thing didn't work.  Maybe I should download it again?

The reason I asked for an Apple guy was because I don't know how to do files and directories on Apple.  I have had a stroke and am 77 so things are a little difficult for me.  I was a programmer in C++ and Smalltalk since 1980 but the stroke really screwed me up.  I find some things come back to me but I switched from Windows to Apple just before it and that is what REALLY screws me up!

I have been on some kind of a CPAP machine for years.  This is probably about my third or fourth one, but I really like this one and am willing to work to make it better.  I was at fixed 14/10 but I am trying to switch to automatic and set it up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not a Mac user so my detail knowledge of its OS is very limited. Since you've been a 'shroom for that long you may be familiar with Unix/Linux. The heart of the Mac OS is Unix based and will respond to command line input to achieve these tasks. I don't know if that will be of any help but I thought I'd mention it. Looks like we are going to have to wait on a Mac user to go any further.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I used to be VERY familiar with Unix and OS-X is based on Unix.  In fact you can use Terminal to program it, but the damn stroke made me forget a lot.  Yes, I'm afraid I have to wait for an Apple user.  One of my problems is that I will remember a bunch and stupidly think I can do something and then while in the middle of it I forget everything.  Hopefully I'm smart enough now to wait for some real guidance.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I've always adhered to the adage, "The fastest way to look like an idiot is to try to demonstrate something on a PC to someone else."
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Very good!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,244 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,950 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 795 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 494 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,097 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor
  Flashair W-04 32GB doesn't works anymore Filippods 12 1,344 10-18-2022, 03:15 PM
Last Post: NesporBellisRM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.