Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
I got a FlashAir II WiFI SD card for my AS10 so I could wirelessly transfer my therapy data to my computer without having to constantly remove and reinsert the SD card. There are other threads here about a Windows/Wine program that helps make this wireless transfer easier but in the end I ended up writing my own anyway.

To be clear, I am not trying to compete with the other program (they are both free) but rather I'm just offering an alternative. My original intent was just to make it for myself but as I continued to use it I decided to add some customization options and share it with others.

It is 100% free to use with no catches and it runs on Java (7 or above) so it should work with Windows, Mac and Linux so long as Java is installed, and it usually already is.

It supports multiple users and also command line switches that allow you to run the program in an automatic mode. For SleepyHead users, there is also a command line switch that will run SleepyHead and automatically import the new data as well.

See the included ReadMe.txt file for more information on how to use the command line switches.

It has been personally tested with my ResMed AirSense 10 and although not tested with the ResMed S9, I made some minor tweaks for it based on information I have gathered from this forum and elsewhere on the web.

I can add other brands/models if someone could kindly provide me with more information on how the folders and files are organized on the SD card. Theoretically it should work with any machine capable of using a FlashAir II SD card, but it will require me to make some minor modifications in order to add support for a different model. I'd be happy to do this for anyone interested.

The program requires no installation. The download is a zip file which can be unzipped to your desktop or anywhere else on your computer. Just double-click the FlashPAP.jar file to run it.

For now at least, there is no provision for assisting in setting up the FlashAir II SD card, but rather it is assumed that you already have that part working.

http://www.cognitial.com/flashpap/flashpap.htm

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1335]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
Very Interesting indeed! Thanks for sharing this!

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good! I might give this a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2015, 02:45 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Looks good! I might give this a try.

Deepbreathing, any chance you tried this on the s9?

C
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2015, 06:24 PM)cab938 Wrote:
(03-15-2015, 02:45 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Looks good! I might give this a try.

Deepbreathing, any chance you tried this on the s9?

C

Unfortunately not yet - too much stuff happening right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
If anyone wants to confirm whether or not it works with the S9, you could set it to copy to a folder other than what you currently use for Sleepy Head imports (if any yet) and after it is done copying just compare the contents of the destination folder used in FlashPAP to the folder you would normally copy the SD data to (or the SD card itself). It should be identical, and if not just let me know.

One thing worth mentioning is that all it does is copies the files from the FlashAir II SD card over to the folder you specify. Regardless of whether or not I still need any tweaks to get it to copy any other data I may have overlooked related to the S9, the original contents of the SD card are never changed at all. It only looks at the folders and files then copies them. Nothing is written to the SD card at all, so the best outcome would be that it works, and the worst outcome would be that it doesn't work - but there is no risk to the original data on the FlashAir II SD card either way.

I understand that not everyone is up to testing things like this and that doesn't bother me. Either way I will continue to use it for myself. Dancing

If anyone does decide to try it out on an S9 (or other machine), just let me know how it goes. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I'm going to try this out when my Flashair II arrives.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to try this, but I haven't been using my Flashair lately. I'll put it in my S9 Autoset tonight to get some data on it and tomorrow I'll see hoe FlashPAP works. I have several Javas installed on my Xubuntu laptop, so it should run fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
On my Ubuntu system, it didn't allow me to set the directory; the chooser wont set the path using the picker, and typing it in doesn't stay. You must use the chooser rather than free type, so I have been unable to set the directory. I also gave it a shot on my work computer which is a Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion; The app started but the font sizing was larger than the window size could accommodate. Perhaps I could try again when I am less tired Big Grin it is almost midnight....
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2015, 01:42 AM)DariaVader Wrote: On my Ubuntu system, it didn't allow me to set the directory; the chooser wont set the path using the picker, and typing it in doesn't stay. You must use the chooser rather than free type, so I have been unable to set the directory. I also gave it a shot on my work computer which is a Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion; The app started but the font sizing was larger than the window size could accommodate. Perhaps I could try again when I am less tired Big Grin it is almost midnight....

Hmmm. I've only tested on a Windows PC, but it should work similarly. I can look into the font size issue and try to work around that. Could you please post pics of the font and chooser problems? Do you know the exact version of java you have installed on both machines?

Thanks for the feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 185 24,281 03-02-2024, 12:19 AM
Last Post: sansword
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 539 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 20,968 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 596 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,174 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 807 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 616 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.