Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
prefer to use it on ubuntu...

java -version
java version "1.8.0_40"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_40-b25)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.40-b25, mixed mode)

i can click the jar file and run it, but to run from cli I am using java -jar FlashPAP.jar. When i did that it made me a profile that it saved and I was able to edit that and set a directory, but then other issues arise. but. i should be using the cpap not playing with its data right now Big Grin

i saved a nohup.out but cant attach it, and i am off to bed

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the screenshot. I'm not familiar at all with Ubuntu... perhaps it would always need to be run from the command line. I assume a shortcut could be created for it, similar to how it can be done in Windows?

I will look into the font size thing later on and try to determine where that error came from. You can send that other file to me directly through email if you'd like. There is link to my email in the Help>About screen in the app.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
This morning looking at the log, looks like an issue with the path. looking for stuffs at "\" instead of "/" probably same deal on the mac (which is bsd under the covers)

Post Reply Post Reply
Just a little note:

There is an issue with the back and forward slashes on Linux and Mac as mentioned above. This will be fixed soon.

There is also a problem retrieving the data logs on the S9 as it appears the folder structure is different from what I thought it was. I am working with DariaVader to correct it and will update here once we get it working.

As it is, it should work with the AirSense 10 and Windows though since that is what I use. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
The zip file has been updated at the page linked in the first post. With Daria's help the path issues and S9 data log problems seem to be fixed. Dancing

One thing worth mentioning regarding the S9: There is a file called "Journal.dat" located in the root folder of the SD card that by default is marked as "hidden" by the S9. If the file is marked as hidden then it cannot be copied over to your computer through the FlashAir SD card. The solution is to place the card into your computer and remove the "hidden" attribute from that file, which the S9 will not notice or change back.

Warning to Windows users: As you may already know, placing an SD card into a Windows computer may cause Windows to write some hidden files to the SD card. These hidden files can cause the S9 to reject the SD card and prompt you to reformat it. Normally the solution to prevent this is to lock your SD card before putting into your computer but you will need to keep it unlocked in order to change the "hidden" attribute. You would also need to have it unlocked in order to initially configure the FlashAir II SD card. If you configure Windows to show hidden files on your SD card then you should be able to see the files that Windows puts on it and remove them yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
as a point of interest... My Resmed S9 Autoset did not reject or try to format the FlashAir card, or complain about extraneous files and folders that are there for flashair.

and many thanks to TT for creating this useful tool, I am happy I could help.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2015, 10:59 PM)TiredToo Wrote: Warning to Windows users: As you may already know, placing an SD card into a Windows computer may cause Windows to write some hidden files to the SD card. These hidden files can cause the S9 to reject the SD card and prompt you to reformat it. Normally the solution to prevent this is to lock your SD card before putting into your computer but you will need to keep it unlocked in order to change the "hidden" attribute. You would also need to have it unlocked in order to initially configure the FlashAir II SD card. If you configure Windows to show hidden files on your SD card then you should be able to see the files that Windows puts on it and remove them yourself.

Here is a link to disable the feature mentioned above. This article addresses all versions of Win8.1.

How to disable System Volume infor in Win8.1:
EDIT: Do a Google search for "Prevent System Volume Information folder creation on USB in Windows 10 / 8.1"
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am really enjoying my FlashAir + FlashPAP! I love toys Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2015, 12:19 AM)DariaVader Wrote: as a point of interest... My Resmed S9 Autoset did not reject or try to format the FlashAir card, or complain about extraneous files and folders that are there for flashair.
and many thanks to TT for creating this useful tool, I am happy I could help.

I said I was going to give FlashPAP a try, but I haven't accomplished that yet.

First, my S9 Autoset does bitch about the FlashAir. If I just leave it in the machine it is OK once it has formatted it, but if I even turn the machine off and restart it the machine insists on reformatting it. Not only that, my FlashAir won't save settings, like a change to its wifi name or password. That is, it does for a while and then suddenly it reverts to factory settings. It's the most maddening piece of hardware I have ever worked with.

As for FlashPAP, there is something screwy that keeps me from being able to run it on my Linux (Xubuntu 14.04.1) computer. I get an error message that it needs a later version of Java, yet I have the latest version. A friend who has an even older version of Java on his Linux computer tried it and it runs fine, although he couldn't test its functionality as he does not have a CPAP machine. I haven't had time to figure out what is going on.

And I may not go further. I am keen on the idea of being able to access my data wirelessly, but revisiting the FlashAir reminded me of what a PITA it is. I hear mention of a FlashAir II, but I haven't taken the time to investigate whether it might relieve me of the annoying behavior of my current card.

In the meantime I applaud TiredToo for his efforts!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a shot, but have you checked to see if your Flashair has any firmware updates?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 185 24,428 03-02-2024, 12:19 AM
Last Post: sansword
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 610 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,029 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 613 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,208 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 816 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 630 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.