Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
(03-01-2017, 06:33 PM)Effers Wrote: Checked my data transfer tonight. User error on my end. Everything woks as directed. Thanks much for all the help!!!

Congratulations! Now you're cooking!

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got a Flashair W-03 today.

Updated firmware to 3.00.02a first from here: https://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/englis...02_w03.htm

Setup the config file as instructed. Couldn't see the flashair via my router when the FlashAir was in my PC or connected to a USB AC adapter.
I added WLANAPMODE=0x82 to my config so it would use 802.11n.
No luck.

Didn't realize that Flashair needed to be in a compatible device. For giggles, tried it in my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. Bingo. Working.

Not sure if the "N" switch made anything faster, but I noticed the default config only used bg. Left it on since it was working.
Post Reply Post Reply
This software is awesome btw... Makes it much easier for me to see my CPAP results. I have an auto icon setup to download, and open Sleepyhead. Works from my bedroom about 30 feet away and down one floor. Router is by me in my home office.
Post Reply Post Reply
I might be late in responding to the original posting but I did want to share my experience with FlashPAP - FlashAir on Linux Ubuntu with Sleepyhead app.
First...Thanks to Tired Too for his original post and all his efforts to get that data together.

I am using Ubuntu 1604 and the downloads of the various software packages went without any hitches. I did run into a snag with the FlashPAP.jar file. I could not open that file by double clicking. I made numerous attempts at opening it with different apps without success. I eventually was able to attach it to the "Launch bar" and it does open and functions as expected. The only issue is that I cannot set a suitable icon on the app. I would like to use one of the FalshPAP/FlashAir icons included in the downloaded packages but alas, I cannot.

The function of the associated parts and pieces is all good. I go to my pc in the morning, open the FlashPAP app, click "Scan FlashAir SD Card".
Then I select the appropriate dates and click "Copy xPAP data for selected date(s)", wait a few seconds for that task to complete. Thanks for the little status clock!
Then I click "Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software".

In Sleepyhead, I select the user "Gord" and at the Welcome page I select File/Import Data. I am prompted to confirm the data location and it is a done deal. I am given the update of machine use and stats on the Welcome page ie: last nights use.

All this has been working fine for the past week. I had to learn a bit about how the apps function and interact but putting my hands in my pockets and just letting everything work for a couple of days provided the best picture of what to expect. Patience is a good thing. Hard to do someday's but mostly, the prudent approach!

Thanks again for the write up on the WiFi functions as applied to CPAP and the associated software. It has relieved me of the worry I was having over wear and tear on the SD Card hardware in the S10 Elite. And....Handy?? It is one of the best things since thick sliced Texas Toast in my opinion. No packing the SD card back and forth. Less wear and tear on the CPAP machine and my knees on the stairs. All in all, a great improvement in data management and access. Thanks!!
Cordially,

GordK
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Post Reply Post Reply
Tip That May Help FlashAir Connectivity Via FlashPap

My FlashAir connection has been OK most of the time, but occasionally it doesn't connect or it doesn't download. The following adjustment has cleared that up and now the connection is solid and the download of CPAP data to SleepyHead is constantly reliable.

Basically, read and follow the recommendations in FlashPap's FlashAir Setup Wizard procedure, under Step 2, having selected Station Mode, to use a Host Name name (of your choosing) rather than an IP address. However, I didn't realize how and wasn't able to do that until I left the last checkbox in Step 2 UNchecked.

Previous to leaving that box unchecked, IIRC, I was only able to use a 192.168.x.x IP address, which connected sporadically. Now the connection is rock solid and reliable.

HTH

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5139]

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting observation, Sheepish!  In all honesty, I have no idea what that option does with regard to how the FlashAir handles the wireless connection but it was an option it had so I figured I'd include it when setting it up.

I've been pretty happy with my FlashAir card.  I've had it for quite a while now and while I occasionally need to eject it and put it back in to reboot it, it is mostly very reliable.  I'm pretty amazed at that, considering how tiny the wireless radio is inside it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheepish,
Would you please your CONFIG file listing so I can see what parameter(s) this changes?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here it is. Now, I'm not saying that this is a panacea for everybody, because remember my setup is perhaps atypical in that I'm going from my FlashAir to a (new) range extender, then to my wireless router and finally back to my computer. It does seem to make a difference in my case, and perhaps it might make one as well for other folks with sporadic connections (assuming the FlashAir itself is not too far away from its first network point of contact), especially those who might be using a range extender or access point. It's something to try, at any rate.

Code:
#Wed Mar 28 19:40:18 EDT 2018
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
STA_RETRY_CT=0
DNSMODE=0
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPNAME=PL
LOCK=1
R=\    Removable Disk
NOISE_CANCEL=2
TIMEZONE=-16
UPLOAD=1
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPNETWORKKEY=********
APPSSID=megascope2_2GEXT
IP_Address=192.168.1.151
C=Program Files (x86)SleepyHeadSleepyHead.exe
null=null
APPAUTOTIME=0
APPMODE=5
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1\:/BCONFIG
VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.01
DHCP_Enabled=NO
WEBDAV=1
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an older 16GB Flashair w-02 that I can't get working. I tried to use it with my S9 Autoset a long time agi and eventually gave up. Just now I dusted it off to see if I could use it with my new Dreamstation Auto CPAP, but nothing can connect to it at all. I have the phone app and it can't connect either. When I mount it on Ubuntu I get an error message that it has been unmounted incorrectly and its data may be corrupt.

Does anyone know if a way to redo the wifi parts, assuming you don't have a Windows or Mac computer?

Failing that, if you were to buy a new one to transfer PAP data, which one would you buy?
Post Reply Post Reply
Format the card as fat 32 then remove and reinsert, it should go back to its factory defaults and be visible on the WiFi as flashair_randomnumbers if that works then you should be able to create a settings file.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 188 25,877 04-15-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: nohack007
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 739 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,669 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 715 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,382 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 902 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 679 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.