Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
It uses port 80 (typical http port). It sounds like it may be configured for AP mode. I've found station mode to be better. The latest version includes more info on how to configure for station mode and also includes a sample CONFIG file for the card. With that said it should still work from a browser on your PC either way, so it could very well be a firewall issue. If it is in fact in AP mode I'd try switching over to station mode assuming you've got home WiFi and see if it works better that way.

I should be in bed myself... Couldn't sleep so here I am. Big Grin

If you don't make any progress tomorrow try sending me a zip of the card and I'll see what I can find.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well there's nothing in the configuration program about "station mode" or "AP" mode and I don't really understand the difference between the terms as you are using them.

There is a "redirection" function I can turn off or on but the PDF manuals don't explain what that is. The card can also be set to pass through so it will connect to the local wifi and you can use it as an access point to the internet as well as just the card. I managed to make that work, but there really isn't any point in it for me since the laptop is also connected to the router via cable.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 09:46 AM)eseedhouse Wrote: Well there's nothing in the configuration program about "station mode" or "AP" mode and I don't really understand the difference between the terms as you are using them.

There is a "redirection" function I can turn off or on but the PDF manuals don't explain what that is. The card can also be set to pass through so it will connect to the local wifi and you can use it as an access point to the internet as well as just the card. I managed to make that work, but there really isn't any point in it for me since the laptop is also connected to the router via cable.

AP Mode means the card is an access point and you would connect to it via wireless instead of your router. Passthrough (redirect?) allows you to connect to the AP and still get to the internet. STA mode makes the card a node on your network and in STA mode you can access it from a computer that doesn't have wireless as long as it is on the same network. IIRC STA mode is "5" and you can't set it with the cfg proggy, have to directly edit the config file

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
btw - i am at my vacay spot and only have my Mac book pro (mavericks) with me.... I'm no mac expert - can't seem to unhide the config directory so i have my card in STA mode, but wired to my home router and not the one here. back to sneaker netting til I can figure that out! It's easier on linux !!! go figure!

Post Reply Post Reply
When in the STA mode, does the FAII publish a share (SMB, etc) you can mount?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 10:31 AM)iSnore Wrote: When in the STA mode, does the FAII publish a share (SMB, etc) you can mount?

that would be nice!! but no. that is why the flashpap program is nice - it will curl/wget the files down for you instead of u having to figure all that out.

Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I'll have to buy one and play around with it. I basically want to automate download of the data to my Synology NAS with Download Station.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 09:46 AM)eseedhouse Wrote: Well there's nothing in the configuration program about "station mode" or "AP" mode and I don't really understand the difference between the terms as you are using them.

There is a sample CONFIG file in the latest zip. Have you found that file on the SD card? It is hidden by default. It "should" just be a matter of editing that file, then pull the card from the PC then go directly to the CPAP machine and insert it.

Code:
APPMODE=5
APPSSID=???
APPNETWORKKEY=???
APPNAME=flashair
DNSMODE=0
APPAUTOTIME=0
MASTERCODE=???
UPLOAD=1

APPMODE sets the "mode". 5 is station mode.

APPSSID is your WiFi ID/Name

APPNETWORKKEY is the password to connect to your WiFi

APPNAME by default (and if omitted) is flashair. You can also choose something else.

By default DNSMODE is set to 1 but I found that I was unable to connect to the FlashAir in station mode if I was using an APPNAME other than default. Once I changed DNSMODE to 0 then I was able to use a different APPNAME.

APPAUTOTIME will set the timeout for connecting to the network. 0 is infinity.

MASTERCODE is only needed to change configuration through a web browser. Whatever you set it to here is what you would need to use if using their config.cgi method of configuration.

UPLOAD allows or disallows uploading files via a cgi command. FlashPAP doesn't use this, but I see no reason to disable it.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I found a solution. Basically, my laptop must be disconnected from the LAN cable so that flashair is the only lan connection. Then I can see the files on the drive in my machine and your program reads the files and transfers them fine.

I tried editing the config file on disk but that just caused the wifi signal to disappear on my connection applet. So I changed it back.

Since the flashair is set up for passthrough to my local router I can still reach the internet if only it is connected. However of course it is slower than access vial the CAT wire.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 12:55 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: I tried editing the config file on disk but that just caused the wifi signal to disappear on my connection applet. So I changed it back.

That would be expected, since it would no longer be acting as an access point when in station mode. When it is in station mode you should be able to use your wired/typical connection to your network and still reach the SD card assuming your network is configured properly in that wired and wireless traffic see each other.

The only way to see or find it in station mode would be to point your web browser to http://flashair (assuming the default name) or to use a program like mine that connects to it via http protocol. It would essentially be acting like another computer on your network, or a networked appliance, but due to its design it would not appear in your network devices in Windows Explorer. Browser only, essentially.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 185 24,427 03-02-2024, 12:19 AM
Last Post: sansword
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 594 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,029 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 611 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,203 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 815 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 629 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.