Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
What version of Java is installed on your Ubuntu machine? It should work with Java 7 (1.7.0_6) or newer. If you have multiple versions of Java then perhaps it is defaulting to an older version? If so you may be able to specify which one to use with it using a command line switch or something. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Linux at all and Java is pretty new to me.

I can't speak for the original FlashAir... perhaps it had issues with randomly dumping the configuration. I initially had some problems configuring the FlashAir II but much of that was due to poor range when it was in AP mode, which is how it ships. I eventually got it re-configured for STA (station) mode and it has been solid ever since. I do suspect that it doesn't handle poor signals well and can get flaky when it encounters them. I ended up putting an extra WiFi access point on my top floor just to get a better WiFi signal up there for the FlashAir II. My access points are normally all in the basement and I have no issues getting laptops or phones on the network when upstairs but the antenna on these FlashAir cards is tiny and therefore so is the range.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2015, 12:19 PM)TiredToo Wrote: What version of Java is installed on your Ubuntu machine? It should work with Java 7 (1.7.0_6) or newer. If you have multiple versions of Java then perhaps it is defaulting to an older version? If so you may be able to specify which one to use with it using a command line switch or something. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Linux at all and Java is pretty new to me.

From the command line on my computer the only Java installed is:
$java -version
java version "1.7.0_75"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.4) (7u75-2.5.4-1~trusty1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.75-b04, mixed mode)

The friend who had no trouble running FlashPAP had 1.7.0.1. But both of us use the open source Iced Tea rather than Oracle. I could install Oracle Java but, as I said before, there must be something else going on.

(04-14-2015, 12:19 PM)TiredToo Wrote: I can't speak for the original FlashAir... perhaps it had issues with randomly dumping the configuration. I initially had some problems configuring the FlashAir II but much of that was due to poor range when it was in AP mode, which is how it ships. I eventually got it re-configured for STA (station) mode and it has been solid ever since. I do suspect that it doesn't handle poor signals well and can get flaky when it encounters them. I ended up putting an extra WiFi access point on my top floor just to get a better WiFi signal up there for the FlashAir II. My access points are normally all in the basement and I have no issues getting laptops or phones on the network when upstairs but the antenna on these FlashAir cards is tiny and therefore so is the range.

My frustration is not just with the flakiness of the FlashAir card, but also the annoying behavior of the S9 Autoset. It is stupid that it is coded to reformat the card constantly. I abandoned Windows to get corporate crap-think like that out of my life; nonsense that gets more restrictive with each new version. Eventually we will have CPAP machines that won't run without internet activation and a key code from an MD. Bah.

As for STA v. AP mode, those options on my FlashAir card are not obvious. I did find a config file (text), but haven't looked to see what the various options mean. According to the Android app the card has version 3.0.0, firmware version 2.00.03 (F19BAW3AW2.00.03). I found a firmware update page at Toshiba.com, but it requires that you download and run a program rather than being web based, and the program runs only on Mac or Windows. But that doesn't matter because from reading the changelog apparently my FlashAir has the latest firmware anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2015, 08:20 PM)JJJ Wrote: As for STA v. AP mode, those options on my FlashAir card are not obvious. I did find a config file (text), but haven't looked to see what the various options mean. According to the Android app the card has version 3.0.0, firmware version 2.00.03 (F19BAW3AW2.00.03). I found a firmware update page at Toshiba.com, but it requires that you download and run a program rather than being web based, and the program runs only on Mac or Windows. But that doesn't matter because from reading the changelog apparently my FlashAir has the latest firmware anyway.

STA mode is APPMODE=5. Just modify the config file with the correct key-value pairs, that is all the little configgy proggy does.
https://flashair-developers.com/en/docum...dvanced/1/

Is your flashair a W-02? maybe it is the S9 that needs the firmware update... mine did not try to format the card. It's working a treat!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2015, 12:19 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(04-14-2015, 08:20 PM)JJJ Wrote: As for STA v. AP mode, those options on my FlashAir card are not obvious. I did find a config file (text), but haven't looked to see what the various options mean. According to the Android app the card has version 3.0.0, firmware version 2.00.03 (F19BAW3AW2.00.03). I found a firmware update page at Toshiba.com, but it requires that you download and run a program rather than being web based, and the program runs only on Mac or Windows. But that doesn't matter because from reading the changelog apparently my FlashAir has the latest firmware anyway.

STA mode is APPMODE=5. Just modify the config file with the correct key-value pairs, that is all the little configgy proggy does.
https://flashair-developers.com/en/docum...dvanced/1/
Is your flashair a W-02? maybe it is the S9 that needs the firmware update... mine did not try to format the card. It's working a treat!

Yes, the FlashAir is a W-02. And I bet that the majority of the problem is in the S9 rather than the card. But which of us has the later S9 firmware? In my experience corporate paranoia restrictions are usually increased over time rather than decreased. Still, it might be interesting to try to update the S9 firmware, if that is possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
TiredToo,
I have received a FlashAir Card and its generally all configured on my S10. The issue I am having is when I try to run FlashPap on my Win 7 machine (64bitt) it just pops up then dissapears. Any idea what I need to do?
thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2015, 05:54 AM)Dafod Wrote: TiredToo,
I have received a FlashAir Card and its generally all configured on my S10. The issue I am having is when I try to run FlashPap on my Win 7 machine (64bitt) it just pops up then dissapears. Any idea what I need to do?
thanks

Is it the actual FlashPAP window or some kind of plain DOS-looking window?

Is there any kind of a log file saved to your desktop or whichever folder the program is saved in? Typically it would leave a log file called "hs_pid_err" when java crashes.

One idea would be to simply uninstall and re-install java to see if it corrects the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is the FlashPAP window from what I can tell (not DOS).
There is no log file that I can find (at least in the folder where the .jar file is)
I did uninstall and reinstall Java. Its the 64bit Version 8 #45, I think
I have another program running Java as I type this working fine now but FlashPAP still only just pops up and dissapears. I will keep plugging away as I don't think all is well in Denmark (my server)
Post Reply Post Reply
I re-downloaded FlashPAP but no joy. Do I need the 32bit version of Java? I have only the 64bit one installed.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are familiar with open a command prompt (Start > type cmd then press enter to run) you can try running from the command line which may give you a log or error:

java -jar FlashPAP.jar

I compile with the 64 bit version and from what I understand it should run on both 32 and 64 bit. I will try to find some possible causes for your problem. Hopefully running from a command line will help to provide some clues if we can get some kind of log.
Post Reply Post Reply
Below is the log from CMD,
hope you can tell whats wrong with my setup............

C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashPAP>java -jar FlashPAP.jar
Program started.
main._writesettings (java line: 2566)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashPAP\Config.ini (Acces
s is denied)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.streams.File.OpenOutput(File.java:345)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.streams.File.WriteMap(File.java:267)
at kdommer.flashpap.main._writesettings(main.java:2566)
at kdommer.flashpap.main._getprofilelist(main.java:1090)
at kdommer.flashpap.main._readsettings(main.java:2096)
at kdommer.flashpap.main._appstart(main.java:210)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:93)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent(BA.java:84)
at kdommer.flashpap.main.start(main.java:36)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$159
(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl$$Lambda$53/346183187.run(Unkn
own Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$172(Unknown
Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$$Lambda$45/1681433494.run(Unk
nown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$170(Unknown Sourc
e)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$$Lambda$48/51634485.run(Unkno
wn Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$171(Unknown S
ource)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$$Lambda$46/1685538367.run(Unk
nown Source)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$145(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication$$Lambda$36/2058534881.run(Unknown
Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashPAP>
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,895 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,238 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 643 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,252 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 833 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 644 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.