Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
(03-07-2015, 07:25 PM)TiredToo Wrote: I got a FlashAir II WiFI SD card for my AS10 so I could wirelessly transfer my therapy data to my computer without having to constantly remove and reinsert the SD card. There are other threads here about a Windows/Wine program that helps make this wireless transfer easier but in the end I ended up writing my own anyway.

To be clear, I am not trying to compete with the other program (they are both free) but rather I'm just offering an alternative. My original intent was just to make it for myself but as I continued to use it I decided to add some customization options and share it with others.

It is 100% free to use with no catches and it runs on Java (7 or above) so it should work with Windows, Mac and Linux so long as Java is installed, and it usually already is.

It supports multiple users and also command line switches that allow you to run the program in an automatic mode. For SleepyHead users, there is also a command line switch that will run SleepyHead and automatically import the new data as well.

See the included ReadMe.txt file for more information on how to use the command line switches.

It has been personally tested with my ResMed AirSense 10 and although not tested with the ResMed S9, I made some minor tweaks for it based on information I have gathered from this forum and elsewhere on the web.

I can add other brands/models if someone could kindly provide me with more information on how the folders and files are organized on the SD card. Theoretically it should work with any machine capable of using a FlashAir II SD card, but it will require me to make some minor modifications in order to add support for a different model. I'd be happy to do this for anyone interested.

The program requires no installation. The download is a zip file which can be unzipped to your desktop or anywhere else on your computer. Just double-click the FlashPAP.jar file to run it.

For now at least, there is no provision for assisting in setting up the FlashAir II SD card, but rather it is assumed that you already have that part working.

http://www.cognitial.com/flashpap/flashpap.htm

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1335]

Thanks. Looks GREAT! Are there detailed instructions as to how to set it up. Where can I find the wireless SD cards? Can the wireless SD card be read by ResScan in the normal manner by my DME to prove compliance. Will ResMed be able to read the card in my AirSense 10 via the cell phone connection, as always? Bob.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2016, 03:42 PM)BobF Wrote: Where can I find the wireless SD cards? Can the wireless SD card be read by ResScan in the normal manner by my DME to prove compliance. Will ResMed be able to read the card in my AirSense 10 via the cell phone connection, as always? Bob.

You can get the Toshiba W-03 card on Amazon, Newegg, eBay. Lots of other places may carry it.

Your DME, ResMed, MyAir, AirView, NSA can all read your card like a normal SD card and they will never know what kind of card you have in your machine. Though, do make a backup of your card once it is working. FlashAir has a hidden folder named SD_WLAN which holds the CONFIG file for FlashAir's network.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Does this also work with Flash Air III?
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
The terms FlashAir III and W-03 refer to the same card, so yes it does. As far as I'm concerned, using a wifi card to connect to a computer is the only way to go.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, that was easy! I received my FlashAir card yesterday and it is working perfectly today! I moved last nights sleep data wirelessly to my computer this morning and I am smiling! Thank you for the great utility to make the transfer so easy.

I am running OS-X El Capitan on a Mackintosh (Home built computer) and was concerned with not having native WiFi. So, I spent a couple hours reading about adding a USB WiFi adapter to my Hack, finally found the RaLink drivers and they simply installed and worked - which was cool since there were problems with some things like that since Apples improved security in a recent update to OS-X.

Then I got the FlashAir running and that was simple and just worked great.

Then I found the comments in the thread about changing the FlashAir to STA mode and did that and removed the USB WiFi dongle I had installed - lol...

So, all in all it was fun and my Hack is still running great.

Frank
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2016, 09:00 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: Okay, that was easy! I received my FlashAir card yesterday and it is working perfectly today! I moved last nights sleep data wirelessly to my computer this morning and I am smiling! Thank you for the great utility to make the transfer so easy.

I am running OS-X El Capitan on a Mackintosh (Home built computer) and was concerned with not having native WiFi. So, I spent a couple hours reading about adding a USB WiFi adapter to my Hack, finally found the RaLink drivers and they simply installed and worked - which was cool since there were problems with some things like that since Apples improved security in a recent update to OS-X.

Then I got the FlashAir running and that was simple and just worked great.

Then I found the comments in the thread about changing the FlashAir to STA mode and did that and removed the USB WiFi dongle I had installed - lol...

So, all in all it was fun and my Hack is still running great.

Frank

Hackintosh - bad boy!

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2016, 09:26 PM)Caldera Wrote: Hackintosh - bad boy!

I have any Apple products, including computers, this one just happens to be a hack i built for fun...
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2016, 09:01 AM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-19-2016, 09:26 PM)Caldera Wrote: Hackintosh - bad boy!

I have any Apple products, including computers, this one just happens to be a hack i built for fun...

Getting off topic here.....anyway tech is fun!

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,I am very interested in FlashPAP.
I am using the FlashairIII.
I installed the FlashPAP,but the FlashPAP does not work.
In particular,When I press the button "Scan FlashAir SD card" to recognize the flashair, it displays the date folder is in the date column .
When you press the button , the pie chart is beginning increased from 0%, you quit with 70% position .
It would close the window of FlashPAP.
Looking at the date folder your PC, the file has become empty is not at all copied .
However, the file of the setting folder are copied have been updated date .
It is executed many times FlashPAP will become a phenomenon like the one above .
Please tell me how is to execute correctly .
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2016, 08:43 AM)Taro Wrote: Hello,I am very interested in FlashPAP.
I am using the FlashairIII.
I installed the FlashPAP,but the FlashPAP does not work.
In particular,When I press the button "Scan FlashAir SD card" to recognize the flashair, it displays the date folder is in the date column .
When you press the button , the pie chart is beginning increased from 0%, you quit with 70% position .
It would close the window of FlashPAP.
Looking at the date folder your PC, the file has become empty is not at all copied .
However, the file of the setting folder are copied have been updated date .
It is executed many times FlashPAP will become a phenomenon like the one above .
Please tell me how is to execute correctly .

If you are getting any files correctly, then it is connecting. You say it stops at 70% or you stop it at 70%?

It should run to 100% and then say done.

It will pause often while copying the files. Sometimes it takes a while to start up again. Let it complete on it's own and do not stop it.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,706 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 656 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,124 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 637 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,250 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 832 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 641 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.