Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP / Flashair - Connection Refused?
FlashPAP / Flashair - Connection Refused?
Hey all,

I'm using a Flashair and FlashPAP. It was working seamlessly for a couple weeks. Then, every day now, the FlashPAP throws the error 'Connection refused. Try reinserting card into xPAP machine'. Does so does fix the problem, but I have to do it every day. Any ideas for how to fix this permanently?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashPAP / Flashair - Connection Refused?
The antenna on FlashAir is not the greatest. How far away from your CPAP machine is your wifi router? Is there anything near your wifi router or CPAP machine that might cause interference? For example TV, fan, other electrical devices (other than CPAP machine), located on floor 1 with your CPAP on floor 2 and floor has in-floor radiant heating (insulation could block wifi signals).

Check you have these lines in your CONFIG in SD_WLAN

APPMODE=5
APPAUTOTIME=0
NOISE_CANCEL=0
STA_RETRY_CT=0
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
IMSleeplessInSeattle, did you ever find a solution to the Connection Refused issue? I have not had any data transfer issues for 2+ months and now all of a sudden I am getting this error message. Reinserting the card has not rectified the issue.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
The only reliable way I have cured this issue is by reformatting the card and setting the card back up again.    Flashair cards are relatively poor imo, but they are the best we have!

To format:

1. Copy the contents of your SD card to your computer (I generally back up mine to a Box instance as well).
  2. On your file browser explorer (finder (mac), win explorer (windows) right click the drive containing your SD and format.  If you are using a mac make sure you choose fat/fat32 and master boot record. 
  3. Copy your PAP data back and re-setup the flashair card (either by its web interface or in flashpap).  
I've had to do this twice to fix the issue.  So far it has fixed it completely (until it happens again)
Post Reply Post Reply
what comes immediately to mind if every thing worked fine - no settings where changed (or lost or overwritten in the wifi-card AND the router) is:
DHCP-lease time^^

workaround: assign a static IP ... best way to do that is in the router^^ - just let the card always have the same ip (and if you are already there - change the lease-time to something that actually makes sense for your network^^)
Post Reply Post Reply
Another way to set a static IP is to put these lines in your CONFIG in SD_WLAN

[WLANSD]

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.1.201
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all! That was exactly what happened - the IP address was changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for hijacking an old thread, but I'm having the same issue. In my case, it's not IP address or signal strength that's a problem, my FlashAir is sucessfully connecting to the wireless in client mode, and I can browse the FlashAir GUI from other devices, yet FlashPap constantly says Connection Refused. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
In flashpap are you using the ipaddress just flashpap should work, make sure you have no proxy’s configured in internet explorer if you are using a windows machine as it will try and use any placed in there
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you post your flashair config?

(04-16-2018, 01:01 AM)alanarthur Wrote: Sorry for hijacking an old thread, but I'm having the same issue. In my case, it's not IP address or signal strength that's a problem, my FlashAir is sucessfully connecting to the wireless in client mode, and I can browse the FlashAir GUI from other devices, yet FlashPap constantly says Connection Refused. Any suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 671 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  PC connection Weinmann SOMNObalance fails HoogendoornJH 5 945 01-24-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: gblin
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,254 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,966 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,136 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem AndyB 18 2,455 06-04-2023, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 797 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.