Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP Producing Odd Status During A10 Download in Linux
FlashPAP Producing Odd Status During A10 Download in Linux
I have been using FlashPAP with my S9 for years without any problems.  I recently obtained an A10 and set up FlashPAP for this unit.  When I run the Download command on a Linux box, I get the strangest result output.

Listing of the output:
Code:
EnabledControls = false
EnabledControls = true
EnabledControls = false
Folder exists: /home/MyName/A10_Data/SETTINGS
Folder exists: /home/MyName/A10_Data/DATALOG
Folder exists: /home/MyName/A10_Data/DATALOG/20200217

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY><H1>404 Not Found</H1>
The requested URL was not found on this server.
</BODY></HTML>

Error: Not Found
Job: Journal.dat|43
Folder: /home/MyName/A10_Data

I can not find any file on the SD card, or in the FlashPAP directory, that would even be close to a .html file.  Has anyone else experienced this?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashPAP Producing Odd Status During A10 Download in Linux
I'd guess that's being generated by the HTTP server on the FlashPAP when it can't find a requested file. But sadly it doesn't seem very clear about which file it can't find.
Post Reply Post Reply
The output is listing a "Journal.dat". I don't see that file anywhere on the card. Maybe that's the bad boy.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a "Journal.dat" file on my SD card so it may be the troublemaker

Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Funny you should post that. I was thinking about this just before I sat down at the computer. I'm wondering if Resmed only creates that file after the second night and from then on. This little puppy is brand new (to me) and has only last night's data on it.

Thank you for responding.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure, but if you notice the dates in my attachment Journal.dat was created on Nov 6, while I started using the machine on Oct 31. Not sure what its purpose is though.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
The journal.dat is a hidden system file on an S9 so the web server cannot access it and needs changing for flashpap too be able to copy it it’s in the notes somewhere

Here https://www.cognitial.com/apps/java-apps/flashpap/

Models currently supported
Philips Respironics System One P-Series (PRS1)
ResMed AirSense 10
ResMed S9 (Note that by default the file “Journal.dat” located in the root of the SD card is marked as “hidden” by the S9. As a result, this file will fail to copy unless you remove the “hidden” attribute from the file.)
Post Reply Post Reply
All I had to go on was my S9's data. It shows this file's date as the last day I used the S9.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Well if this error keeps happening, I'll create a null file with this name.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
F-o-u-n-d it! Thank you jaswilliams! I had created the initial card setup on a Windows box and it did set the file attributes to Hidden-System. Both attributes had to be removed in order to get it to work. I had to put it back in my Windows box and issue the DOS command "attrib -h -s Journal.dat" to clear them. FlashPAP-Linux is now not hollering.

Thanks for all the help. The next round of beer and coffee is on me. (What a combination. . . )
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 49 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 8 727 03-07-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Mast04
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 183 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 471 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 281 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 423 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 431 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.