Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP and OSCAR
FlashPAP and OSCAR
I'm so pleased with my precious self! I got a FlashAir card, did the update thing to it.

I did the config changes easily. But I got confused about the "command line" stuff and put it in the config file instead. Once I figured out why it wasn't working, I cleared that and tried again. I was not able to connect still using the browser and the APPNAME. I looked up its IP address and entered that instead. BOOM. Done.

Used it last night and was able to import the data! No more handling the card and or forgetting to put it back in! Win for me! (I'm one of those people that kill discs via handling.)

I did the command line to the shortcut to auto open Oscar:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\FlashPAP\FlashPAP.jar" user=PaulaO exit=yes startapp=yes shimport=yes

Took a while to figure out the proper syntax. The extra stuff needs to be outside the quote marks. Once that was set, it opens OSCAR. Closes itself. But it didn't import the data into OSCAR (that's the shimport part). I pointed to the FlashPAP folder and it uploaded it properly. So very cool. I think the shimport only works with SH and I'm okay with that.

Where do I tell OSCAR to go to that folder each time I click the "import data" button? Or will it just auto do that once I did it the first time? Is it possible to have OSCAR and FlashPAP speak to each other? Like y'all need something else on your to-do list, right? Too-funny
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashPAP and OSCAR
Congratulations! If you want to be lazy like me, put your code line in a text file with a ".bat" suffix. You can then use Task Scheduler to automatically download your data each day.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2019, 11:26 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Where do I tell OSCAR to go to that folder each time I click the "import data" button? Or will it just auto do that once I did it the first time? Is it possible to have OSCAR and FlashPAP speak to each other? Like y'all need something else on your to-do list, right?  Too-funny

OSCAR remembers where it last imported data from and will offer the FlashPAP directory automatically.

As for OSCAR and the Flashair card communicating directly, several people have suggested that and it is on our wish list of ideas.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2019, 11:33 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Congratulations!  If you want to be lazy like me, put your code line in a text file with a ".bat" suffix.  You can then use Task Scheduler to automatically download your data each day.

Oh. I need to do that. Just create a text file with the code in my first post and name it whatever.bat? I can do that! Cooool.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2019, 12:00 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: OSCAR remembers where it last imported data from and will offer the FlashPAP directory automatically.

As for OSCAR and the Flashair card communicating directly, several people have suggested that and it is on our wish list of ideas.

Thanks! Glad to know. To both.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
In thinking about how I do it, I don't start OSCAR. I just use it to download the data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I opted to remove the "startapp=yes shimport=yes" part. It is still in the shortcut if I ever want to do that. Problem was finding a time when I would be awake!
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Since the Resmed ends the day at noon, I have it set to download at 12:05PM. I've never slept through noon so I thought that time would be safe.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
When creating a batch file in Windows, make sure you do not use your Word Processor (like MS Word or MS Works, etc).. instead use Notepad to create the file, and change the .txt ending to .bat instead.  Word processors add extra formatting codes, which you don't want in an executable batch file.

For more info on this, search Google for "How to create and run a batch file on Windows 10"
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

For those of us a bit more computer-challenged, please provide both sample configuration and batch files to be written to the FhashAir card. I can set up my router so that the IP address is fixed and is tied to the card's MAC address.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,547 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,179 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  FlashPAP Won't Open! WSHenry 20 1,640 07-26-2022, 09:23 AM
Last Post: WSHenry
Gross S10 Flashpap flashair FYSETC confusion jaydee1445 4 879 11-13-2021, 03:09 PM
Last Post: yrnkrn
Cool Recommendation: FlashAir and Flashpap - Wifi data transfer from CPAP to PC mogulman 71 19,024 10-20-2021, 10:20 PM
Last Post: justincascagnett
  With Toshiba FlashAir W-03 and up, FlashPAP is now obsolete bernie01 5 1,732 03-20-2021, 07:04 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  FlashPap and Mac Big Sur Bobaloo 2 696 12-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Bobaloo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.