Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP and OSCAR
RE: FlashPAP and OSCAR
Contents of the CONFIG file located in the SD_WLAN directory of the FlashAir. Do not include anything in red :

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.1.xx  (Use your network address here - Make sure to use an IP that is not being used by another device)
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=CPAP Name (Use the name of your choice - one word only, no spaces - ex: AutoCPAP = GOOD, Auto CPAP = BAD)
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=SSID (Wireless Access Point Name - This is case sensitive)
APPNETWORKKEY=password (AP's password - Case sensitive)
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1:/BCONFIG
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0

Note: As stated in previous posts, use only a text editor like Notepad.  Do NOT use a word processing program like Word.  

You can test your configuration while the FlashAir is in your PC's card reader before yo try it from your CPAP.  After setting up the CONFIG file, do a Safe Remove then re-insert the card back into the reader.  

Two ways of testing your configuration:
1. From the command prompt enter the command; ping IP.address.of.the card. If it's good, you should see numbers displayed.  
2. Go to your web browser and enter the IP address that you assigned to the FlashAir.  You should see a file directory listing.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I use Notepad ++ for my text editor.

Red: I typically get up between 10 and 11 but it depends on what time I go to bed. Like, right now it is nearly 4am and I may sleep until noon. So I set the time for 6pm. I rarely nap and that's when SWMBO hands me my dinner.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
What does the "COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1:/BCONFIG" do?
And APPAUTOTIME?
Is the subnet mask necessary or optional?

The instructions say you can point the browser to the APPNAME to connect but that didn't work for me. To connect via browser, I had to use the IP. And I think I used that with FlashPAP.

Here's mine:

Quote:[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=5
APPNETWORKKEY=(password of my wireless)
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.02
CID= (is this the password?)
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=(my wireless router name)
APPNAME=Autoset
LOCK=1

(07-26-2019, 08:55 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Contents of the CONFIG file located in the SD_WLAN directory of the FlashAir. Do not include anything in red :

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.1.xx  (Use your network address here - Make sure to use an IP that is not being used by another device)
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=CPAP Name (Use the name of your choice - one word only, no spaces - ex: AutoCPAP = GOOD, Auto CPAP = BAD)
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=SSID (Wireless Access Point Name - This is case sensitive)
APPNETWORKKEY=password (AP's password - Case sensitive)
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0

Note: As stated in previous posts, use only a text editor like Notepad.  Do NOT use a word processing program like Word.  

You can test your configuration while the FlashAir is in your PC's card reader before yo try it from your CPAP.  After setting up the CONFIG file, do a Safe Remove then re-insert the card back into the reader.  

Two ways of testing your configuration:
1. From the command prompt enter the command; ping IP.address.of.the card. If it's good, you should see numbers displayed.  
2. Go to your web browser and enter the IP address that you assigned to the FlashAir.  You should see a file directory listing.

Good luck!
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
  • APPAUTOTIME: Set connection time-out period. Zero would make it never timeout.

• COMMAND: Provides the path to the command library. (I think - Toshiba supplied that little puppy.)

• APPNAME: It's the device name. In order to use this name will require that it is registered with a WINS server on the network. Most home networks don't use a dedicated WINS server and rely each device to act as its own server.  If they haven't scanned the newtwork for devices, then the device won't be listed.

• SUBNET Mask: Is required when declaring a static IP. The subnet mask defines the address range that the device can see or communicate with. The complete definition or use of the subnet mask is quite extensive.  A setting of "255" at each octet means that only the IP value at this position can be seen.  A zero (0) in an octet position means any value can be seen.  
    • Example:
      IP: 192.168.1.10 - The 10th device in the 192.168.1 network.
      subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
      A setting of "255" means only devices that have their first 3 octets in their IP set to 192.168.1 can see or communicate with each other.  The zero (0) setting means all IP's within the 192.168.1 network can see and communicate with each other.  The theoretical maximum number of devices is 254 for this network setting, 192.168.1.1 thru 192.168.1.254 (255 is reserved for broadcast).

Now that I've made that as clear as a bucket of grits, I hope I answered everything.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Mostly a "fail" with this card. Money and time wasted. Overwrote stock CONFIG file with one that reflected my WAP configuration. Ping command only found card once out of 20 or so tries. And yes, I did use a text editor for modifying the file that Red provided.

Will put it back in my desk drawer until such time as either OSCAR has provisions for configuring the card or I no longer have an interest in wireless access.
Post Reply Post Reply
Being able to connect using the name and a web browser seems to be WiFi router/dns dependant.
Post Reply Post Reply
How far away from your router is the cpap machine? Could be it is just not getting a strong enough signal. I thought that would be an issue with mine but, gasp, it works.

Could you post your config file info here? Be sure to remove your password and anything else you don't want the world to know.

(07-27-2019, 01:50 PM)WSHenry Wrote: Hi,

Mostly a "fail" with this card. Money and time wasted. Overwrote stock CONFIG file with one that reflected my WAP configuration. Ping command only found card once out of 20 or so tries. And yes, I did use a text editor for modifying the file that Red provided.

Will put it back in my desk drawer until such time as either OSCAR has provisions for configuring the card or I no longer have an interest in wireless access.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to ask, What type of OS are using to edit the CONFIG file? Also each time you edit the CONFIG file, you will notice that the password is replaced with asterisks (*). You must replace the asterisks with the actual password each time or it will use the ASCII value for an asterisk as the password.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2019, 04:21 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I forgot to ask, What type of OS are using to edit the CONFIG file?  Also each time you edit the CONFIG file, you will notice that the password is replaced with asterisks (*).  You must replace the asterisks with the actual password each time or it will use the ASCII value for an asterisk as the password.

I'm using Notepad in Windows 10. Are you saying I need to do this each time I query the card?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2019, 03:16 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: How far away from your router is the cpap machine? Could be it is just not getting a strong enough signal. I thought that would be an issue with mine but, gasp, it works.

Could you post your config file info here? Be sure to remove your password and anything else you don't want the world to know.

(07-27-2019, 01:50 PM)WSHenry Wrote: Hi,

I had the card in my laptop computer on the first floor. The router/wireless access point is on the second floor, about 20 feet away. The signal has to pass through a floor and a wall.

The CONFIG file contents follows:

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.1.50
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=DreamStation
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=Home Port
APPNETWORKKEY=**********
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 96,015 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,197 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  FlashPAP Won't Open! WSHenry 20 1,656 07-26-2022, 09:23 AM
Last Post: WSHenry
Gross S10 Flashpap flashair FYSETC confusion jaydee1445 4 883 11-13-2021, 03:09 PM
Last Post: yrnkrn
Cool Recommendation: FlashAir and Flashpap - Wifi data transfer from CPAP to PC mogulman 71 19,085 10-20-2021, 10:20 PM
Last Post: justincascagnett
  With Toshiba FlashAir W-03 and up, FlashPAP is now obsolete bernie01 5 1,747 03-20-2021, 07:04 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  FlashPap and Mac Big Sur Bobaloo 2 706 12-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Bobaloo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.