Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP and OSCAR
RE: FlashPAP and OSCAR
Is Home (space) Port the name of your home wifi? If so, the file may not be registering there's something after the space. OR it sees it, doesn't know what to do with it, and gets confused.

And no, you don't need to replace the asterisks after each download. Just each time you EDIT it (the config file), you need to replace them.

And try it with the card in the machine, not your laptop.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You don’t have to re-enter the appnetworkkey each time you query the card. You do have to re-enter it into the config file every time you edit the config file.

I had another device assigned to the same IP address I assigned to the flashair card which made the flashair card inaccessible while the other device was connected. Assigning a new address to the other device took care of that issue.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everybody has provided how I was going to answer you.   As far as I know, the APPSSID has to be one word. You have it as two.  If it is working on other devices, you might try enclosing them in quotation marks.   I not going to hold my breath on that working though.  

I have three questions;
  1. Are you absolutely certain nothing else has that IP?  
  2. What is your DHCP range set to on the router?
  3.  What is your router's IP?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2019, 08:41 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Everybody has provided how I was going to answer you.   As far as I know, the APPSSID has to be one word. You have it as two.  If it is working on other devices, you might try enclosing them in quotation marks.   I not going to hold my breath on that working though.  

I have three questions;
  1. Are you absolutely certain nothing else has that IP?  
  2. What is your DHCP range set to on the router?
  3.  What is your router's IP?

1. There is nothing else assigned to that IP.
2. The DHCP range is 192.168.1.2 to 198.168.1.254
3. The router IP is 192.168.1.1.
Post Reply Post Reply
I usually recommend separating static and dynamic addresses.  Since you're using a 192.168.1.50 for your FlashAir, I'd set your DHCP range to at least something like, 192.168.1.51 to 192.168.1.254.  That way you have 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.50 for static use and .51 to .254 for dynamic leases.  

On my system I use 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.254 for the DHCP.  This allows 154 devices to dynamically connect.  I use the static range for things like long term connected computers, firewall, NAS devices, printers, scanners, managed switches, WiFi access points, and the phone MTA. .  . you get the point.

If you ever need to reboot your router, always reboot the FlashAir after the router is back online.  The FlashAir only broadcasts its network presence during bootup.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Success!

It's all about the proximity of the FlashAir card to the access point. One I moved the card to my machine, it was a snap to complete the configuration and data download through FlashPAP. The card to access point distance is quite limited.

By the way, FlashPAP works just fine with the PR DreamStation. I was hesitant to use it, as Kevin's documentation did not show it would work with the newer PR machines.

I had no problem pointing OSCAR to where the downloaded files were.

Now I need to figure out how to build a batch file to semi-automate the downloads on a daily basis.

Many thanks to those who offered suggestions, and in particular, PaulaO2 and Crimson Nape.

Woot!

Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply
Whew! Glad that worked!

So once you put it in your CPAP machine it worked?

After you use it with your PR for a while, let us know how it goes for you.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Red, the scheduled task is not exactly working for me. As the file is transferred, Win10 asks me what I want to use to open it.

The task line says: "C:\Program Files\FlashPAP\FlashPAP.jar" user=PaulaO exit=yes

What am I doing wrong? What can I do to stop it from asking? I just want the program to run then stop.

Oh. Wait. The icon changed to that of my zip program. Huh. Now I gotta figure out how to get it back. If I double click the shortcut, the zip program opens.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the contents of my file.
Code:
@echo off
java.exe -jar D:\Backup\FlashPAP\FlashPAP.jar user=Red exit=yes
You need to place this file in the FlashPAP directory for it to run. Otherwise, it won't recognize the command line variables and will display, "No Profiles found".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay. So I put that text into a file and call it what? What's the extension?

This isn't a line command in the task scheduler? Doesn't look like it.

It tries to run (I reassigned .jar to open with java) and the cmd window pops up for a second. Then nothing.

Dang it to heck.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,507 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,177 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  FlashPAP Won't Open! WSHenry 20 1,638 07-26-2022, 09:23 AM
Last Post: WSHenry
Gross S10 Flashpap flashair FYSETC confusion jaydee1445 4 873 11-13-2021, 03:09 PM
Last Post: yrnkrn
Cool Recommendation: FlashAir and Flashpap - Wifi data transfer from CPAP to PC mogulman 71 19,000 10-20-2021, 10:20 PM
Last Post: justincascagnett
  With Toshiba FlashAir W-03 and up, FlashPAP is now obsolete bernie01 5 1,724 03-20-2021, 07:04 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  FlashPap and Mac Big Sur Bobaloo 2 695 12-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Bobaloo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.