Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashPAP doesn't work after Java update
FlashPAP doesn't work after Java update
I've been using FlashPap successfully for for several months. Today I got a notification that an update to Java was available. I bit and it updated to version 8.0.1310.11. Now when I open FlashPAP and click "Scan FlashAir SD Card" the rotating dotted circle appears for a minute or so but no dates are detected. I did the usual fix-alls of rebooting my computer and removing and reinserting the FlashAir card in my machine. Still no dates detected. Has anyone else had this problem and have a solution?

Thanks
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashPAP doesn't work after Java update
You can verify that your system is seeing the newer version.  In a command prompt, type: java -version
Their numbering system can fool you.    My version returns: java version  "1.8.0_131"  which seems to equate to: 8.01310.11.

The only other thing I can current think of is to right-click on the FlashPAP.jar file and select the "Open With" option.  See if it is pointing to the correct java version/path.

Keep us updated. If you are having a problem, so will somebody else.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also get  see " java version  "1.8.0_131" and when I  select "open with" for the .jar file I get a dialog box that reads:

Keep using this app

Java™ platform SE Binary

Other options

look for an app in the store (with the windows store icon)

A check box  for : always use this app to open .jar files

OK

Don't know what to do from here. Hope you can explain. I'm using Windows 10.

Thanks Thanks
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using Win7.  I looked and I have both a 32 and 64 bit versions of java.  

In a command prompt window, navigate to your FlashPAP directory then try . . .
(It will probably be easier to copy the line then right-click in the DOS window and select "Paste")

64 bit version:
C:\Progra~1\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\java -jar FlashPAP.jar

32 bit version:
C:\Progra~2\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\java -jar FlashPAP.jar

Both should work. 

-Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
This may not be best but I opened the zipped Flashpap file on my desk top and that's where the program has resided since March 9th. It's worked fine until today.  So the path to the flashpap directory is C:\Users\myname\Desktop\FlashPAP. When I put that in the command prompt I get a message that the system cannot find the pathway. This may be simple to someone who is more computer literate but I'm stumped.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2017, 02:56 PM)Melman Wrote: This may not be best but I opened the zipped Flashpap file on my desk top and that's where the program has resided since March 9th.

Bad Boy! - Shame on you. . .  Big Grin

When you open the command prompt, try typing: cd desktop\flashpap  <ENTER>
Your prompt should now say: C:\Users\myname\Desktop\FlashPAP
Now, try running the commands from my earlier post.

Let me know what happens.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
No joy Sad  Typed cd desktop\flashpap  and hit enter. Then had C:\users\myname\desktop\fkashpap>

was looking good but after typing C:\Progra~1\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\java -jar FlashPAP.jar I got "the system cannot find the path specified".  I'm thinking of just hitting the OK on the dialog box I mentioned earlier. It just may be asking confirmation that I want to use java. Dont-know

In case your wondering I did go into control panel and confirm my system is 64bit.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Try the Progra~2 in case your are using the 32 bit java only.

Progra~1 = Program Files
Progra~2 = Program Files(x86)
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Checked and I do have 32 bit Java

We may be getting closer.  I got " program started"

EnabledControls = false

FlashPap opened. I clicked to scan the card. The dotted circle spun but no dates were found.

I did not type Progra~2 = Program Files(x86). I typed what you posted earlier
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad you didn't type the last.  I was attempting to show you what each "progra" number referenced.    Did the FlashPAP display show your username, machine type, IP address, and local directory to save data?

You might try copying the current FlashPAP directory to a location off of the C: drive and try executing from there. . . just a thought.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 140 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 173 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 388 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
  OSCAR Doesn't Recognize Data Files Heaviside 1 202 02-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 367 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 276 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.