Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VA and CPAP supplies
RE: VA and CPAP supplies
ZZDave,
Check with the Dr that prescribed your first sleep study. Mine was in 2003. I checked and they faxed me a copy. Most put it in your folder and it sits on the shelf for decades. Worth a try.
Cheers,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the VA for the last 15 years or so. I just log in to myhealthyvet, go to secure messageing, I then just order what I need. No hassle !

Great service--no bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have never had a problem with any department at the VA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I second jacklogan. The VA has been great for me.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm currently active duty and will be transitioning in the next year. I'm set up now with DME providing hose/mask 4x/year. What does the VA provide and how often?

-B
Post Reply Post Reply
Buy your supplies online to last you 3-4 months and make an appointment for sleep doctor with the VA on Monday. Make it clear to the doc that you want a split study - no two night thing under any circumstances. You are already a cpap patient. I know you are 1.5 hours away, so try to schedule two appointments the same day (they go out of their way to do that for my BIL, so I'm sure it's not unusual). He used to have to travel 3 hours to get to the VA, but they opened another one about 1 hour from his house, so not so much of an adventure.

Don't cheat yourself out of having to pay out a lot of money for your care even if the testing is somewhat redundant. As a veteran, you are entitled to this assitance. Once you jump their hoops, you will have fewer issues. Also, ask them WHERE you would be getting your supplies - who are the in-network providers? Is it the same as Medicare or someone else? Finally, make sure once you have your study complete that you get a copy of your complete study (raw data as well as summary) and prescription.

Maybe the other vets can give you more direction. The VA has been really great for my BIL's diabetes and vision loss. If transportation is a problem, I think they often arrange it through a volunteer network.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 148 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 389 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,575 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Where to send unused/unopened CPAP supplies? highrateleaker 1 522 11-25-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.