Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flashair connectivity - help!
Gross 
Flashair connectivity - help!
Hello all!
I've scoured through a number of threads and other websites looking for help with connecting my Flashair w-03 16gb to my network.

Current settings:

DNSMODE=1
APPMODE=5
CID=02544d535731364731d5d2e57900f301
NOISE_CANCEL=0
APPNETWORKKEY=************
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPNAME=flashair
APPSSID=WRAD-1
LOCK=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.00

IP_Address=192.168.240
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
Default_Gateway=192.168.0.1
Preferred_DNS_Server=192.168.0.1
DHCP_Enabled=NO

My network password contains letters, numbers and symbols (eg $ # @ !).

My router is a Netgear DGND3700

I've tried:
- to use angryIP to scan and determine whether the card is appearing on the network which it isn't.
- setting an IP address and going without a set IP
- using the Flashair software to setup the card
- using the FlashPap software to setup the card

Nothing seems to be working.

Looking forward to some assistance Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flashair connectivity - help!
1st: you're IP-address is wrong - your missing "0." there.

there was something with the more complex passwords ... you may have to base64 encode that
Post Reply Post Reply
can I piggyback on this thread or is it easier helping one at a time.?
I bought one and couldn't get it to work either, I couldn't follow the threads, as I'm IT illiterate and they assume some knowledge. I think I need pictures Smile

Or should I start a thread 'flashair for dummies'
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Good catch!
I've removed all non alpha-numeric characters from my pass and fixed the IP address.
No luck with connecting.
Is it possible the hyphen in the SSID is causing issues?
Post Reply Post Reply
make

DHCP_Enabled=YES

then look in your router in see if it got connected. (your router should be set up without MAC-filtering aka: allow all new connections! - OR allow the mac-address of the card!)

once it gets connected, give the card a permanent IP in the ROUTER (it's way easier to set that in the router than to set that by hand in the card)

If it gets not connected your are either out of range: try the card in a device near the router (note: near - not directly next to it!)
or you have a typo in the SSID or the password (both are case sensitive!)

if everything fails:
set the card to access-point mode: appmode=4
give it a unique(!) SSID and an easy password.

connect your laptop / PC to that(!) wlan-network - check how far the wlan goes and adjust from there.

if everything still fails: your text-editor is crap Too-funny (word / openoffice / wordpad are NOT Text-EDITORS! notepad++ is! [opensource - ueberawesome!] (the default notepad in windows is .... crap!))
use the setup-program that came with it, or use a "real" text-editor and find out the encoding of the file! (utf8 is NOT the same as UTF8 without BOM, or ANSI! ... but I guess it should be UTF8)
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2017, 02:09 AM)TBMx Wrote: make

DHCP_Enabled=YES

then look in your router in see if it got connected. (your router should be set up without MAC-filtering aka: allow all new connections! - OR allow the mac-address of the card!)

once it gets connected, give the card a permanent IP in the ROUTER (it's way easier to set that in the router than to set that by hand in the card)

If it gets not connected your are either out of range: try the card in a device near the router (note: near - not directly next to it!)
or you have a typo in the SSID or the password (both are case sensitive!)
This means I should also remove the IPAddress, Subnet, Default, and preferredDNS lines are removed?
Post Reply Post Reply
no, leave them be - they are ignored if DHCP is enabled.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used notepad++ to confirm it's UTF-8 and as above i changed to DHCP_Enabled=Yes, removing the IPAddress, Subnet, Default, and preferredDNS lines.

No impact.

Will try the rest now.
Post Reply Post Reply
DHCP_Enabled=YES

it might be case sensitive! .. don't know for sure! - better safe than sorry!
Post Reply Post Reply
maep2017,
Two quick things;
1. Each time you edit the CONFIG file, you have to replace the asterisks (*) with the actual password.    If you save the file without doing this, the password it will seen as bunch of asterisks and not the real one.  

2. You need to store the file format in a Windows style text file.   For the file to properly execute you need both an Carriage Return (CR) and a Line Feed (LF) character at the end of each declaration (CRLF).    By default, all O/S's other than a Windows platform will only use a Carriage Return (CR) as the line terminator.  This will make the file appear as one l-o-n-g line to the SD card's parser. Most editors in Linux and Mac have an option to store the file with both characters used at the end of each line.

Question; How are you looking for the SD card on the net?  It will not show up in your network browser unless you add the parameter "WEBDAV=1".  The SD card should always show in your web browser.  

Good Luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 663 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,124 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,913 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 795 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 494 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,096 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor
  Flashair W-04 32GB doesn't works anymore Filippods 12 1,342 10-18-2022, 03:15 PM
Last Post: NesporBellisRM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.