Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flashpap stopped working on macOS Catalina
RE: Flashpap stopped working on macOS Catalina
(01-20-2020, 03:17 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Arie, sorry for the delay.  Had to do some digging to find it!
On my machine it's hidden in /System/Library/CoreServices/Java Launcher.app

Looks like it's a system file.  System has RW permissions, Wheel and Everyone has R permissions

EDIT: a last option would be to turn off SIP (System Integrity Protection) from a reboot into recovery mode.  This version worked for me with stubborn files prior to Catalina.  Seems everytime aple comes out with a new update the make GateKeeper more troublesome!

How to disable SIP 
How to disable Gatekeeper on Cataline

Found it there and it works!! You won, I'll put you on my buddy-list Smile
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee like  Glad I could help.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2020, 03:17 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Arie, sorry for the delay.  Had to do some digging to find it!
On my machine it's hidden in /System/Library/CoreServices/Java Launcher.app

Looks like it's a system file.  System has RW permissions, Wheel and Everyone has R permissions

EDIT: a last option would be to turn off SIP (System Integrity Protection) from a reboot into recovery mode.  This version worked for me with stubborn files prior to Catalina.  Seems everytime aple comes out with a new update the make GateKeeper more troublesome!

How to disable SIP 
How to disable Gatekeeper on Cataline

Sorry for the delay on my side: Forgot to post it...
I found it where you said. And it works now!! I'll put you on my buddy list Smile

Still, I think FlashPAP should be ported to a regular app. Is anyone able to help with XCode?
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2020, 04:45 AM)A KLERK Wrote: Still, I think FlashPAP should be ported to a regular app. Is anyone able to help with XCode?

I don't think Xcode will help with a Java app...you need someone who can code it from scratch, I think...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 654 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,084 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Buidling OSCAR on macOS Sonoma (14.2.1) hisaotsu 2 474 01-08-2024, 11:33 AM
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,444 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 588 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR build errors on MacOS JEMH 2 571 08-23-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: JEMH
  Oscar stopped recording fstbiker 1 596 06-29-2023, 05:33 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.