At constant and 7cm my AHI numbers had been rising from 1.4 +/- to 3.5 +/- over the last 4-6 months. It was time for a change in settings, I'd been on that setting for > 10 years.
I moved from fixed pressure (7) to auto (7-9) about 2-3 weeks ago. Flex was ON and set to 1. From the Sleepyhead graphs that flex setting corresponded to a 2cm pressure relief on exhale. With those settings my AHI numbers rose from around 3.5 (mostly hypopneas) to 6+ with almost all hypopneas. And my 90% pressure was 9.
Last night I turned off flex and saw a big difference this morning. 90% pressure was 8 and AHI was around 1.6.
I know, this was just one data point. But it was a big swing, and the only thing that I changed was Flex by turning it off. That meant I was exhaling against full pressure vs exhaling against a -2cm pressure. I haven't downloaded into SH yet, but I'm assuming the hypopneas were much lower last night.