Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No Apneas reported
RE: No Apneas reported
So if you have an APAP machine that shows no events and stays steady at 9, that is basically CPAP at 9 and it may just be that this is what you need.
You say the machine is set at 6-9 and yet it stays at the high end all the time. Why? There must be a reason it is not at 6 all night. My machine is not maxed out all night, ever. Try setting it to 12 and see if it starts moving around with 9-10 as an average. Assuming that unplugging it does not "fix the problem"
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2016, 01:37 PM)PoolQ Wrote: So if you have an APAP machine that shows no events and stays steady at 9, that is basically CPAP at 9 and it may just be that this is what you need.
You say the machine is set at 6-9 and yet it stays at the high end all the time. Why? There must be a reason it is not at 6 all night. My machine is not maxed out all night, ever. Try setting it to 12 and see if it starts moving around with 9-10 as an average. Assuming that unplugging it does not "fix the problem"

No, It is set at 7.80 min and 9.5 max. It starts high and goes down in pressure steadily as the night goes on until it reaches the min set pressure. It is acting like I don't need a high pressure. It is still to soon to make an assumption on my apnea getting better, but it looks promising. My SH is the most boring thing to look at as it is all 0.00 as far as events go. I have the smiley face as well no pie chart. the ones from last year always showed something. So I did a reboot on the machine and I will see what it shows for Tuesday night. I am betting it will be more of the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Adoniscmj,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your weight loss.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2016, 02:35 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Adoniscmj,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your weight loss.

Thanks, but I really can't believe that is why my AHI is 0.00. I did a reset on my machine and I will see in the morning if it changed. It maybe that I never reach REM sleep or it can be the testosterone level being lower. It was my day to inject so I will see if it causes a spike in apnea. If not then I will watch it for a while and then if no change I will have a follow up sleep test. If I am not bad enough to need it then I will sell it to someone that does. I just can't believe that I don't need it all of the sudden. I will find out. I lost some 15 pounds and I don't think that would help much either but I could be wrong. If there is anything I have overlooked please let me know as I am looking for ideas that can explain this. Doing a reset was good advice and I have done that. I wish everyone well with their treatments and hope everyone is feeling good. I know how difficult it can be at times. I have struggled with sleep problems most of my life, not just OSA, but many other issues. So we will see what happens. thanks for all the speedy replies as well I appreciate the input.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, Still no Apnea's to report. I have no major air leaks and really very little snore is detected. I really can't understand this at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd contact the doc and ask for a new sleep study. Yes, weight loss can cure sleep apnea as it does other issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
You know it could just be that with your weight loss and lower trt dosage you are less susceptible and the machine is doing a better job of keeping you apnea free. However zeros across the board are unusual, and getting them consistently seems too good to be true.

Maybe a new sleep test is indicated. Alternatively, can you get your DME to provide another machine to try, just to exclude the possibility that your machine is defective?
Post Reply Post Reply
As stated above, even those not on xpap therapy have some AHI, it's just less than 5.0/hr. I agree with above posters that it would be highly unusual and probably unlikely to have so many consecutive zero AHI days. My first concern would be machine malfunction. If it's not the machine then you are one lucky guy and congratulations on your achievement.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 852 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 303 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 262 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,282 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 276 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 452 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.