Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flex to Nano
RE: Flex to Nano
Google Swift Fx Nano user guide.
There is a user guide.pdf

Top of page 9 reads:
Mask setting
options
For S9: Select 'Pillows'
For other devices: Select 'SWIFT' (if available), otherwise
select 'MIRAGE' as the mask option.
Notes:
 The mask system does not contain BPA, PVC, DEHP or phthalates.
 This product is not made with natural rubber latex.
 The manufacturer reserves the right to change these specifications
without notice.

I can't post a link or I would.
"Under Pressure" Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a Chart from PR. Probably not updated, but may help.
I use a ResMed mask, but do not use the Resistance setting. I tried it a couple times, and the pressure didn't feel right to me. So I leave mine set to 0. If I were using a PR mask, then I would use one of the settings.
[Image: notJn1H.png]
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2016, 01:54 PM)tmoody Wrote:
(04-14-2016, 06:59 AM)green wings Wrote: I have a PRS1 560 CPAP machine and am using a Wisp nasal mask. I just discovered while poking around in the clinician settings a few days ago that my resistance setting is at 0, not at X1.

Do I need to change this? Can someone explain how these settings affect the pressure delivered by the machine?

All I know is that different types of masks have a "resistance setting" that the machine should be set at, but I'm not clear on what happens if you don't use the correct setting.

I'm the opposite of an expert but...if I'm not mistaken the Wisp is a PR product, so according to what Ghost1958 wrote the setting would be X1. I have no idea what difference it would make if you changed it.

In my case, I'm going from one Swift (non-PR) thingy to another. Both the nasal pillows and the Nano use the same vent, which is built into the short hose that they share, as ratherberiding indicated. Since this setting is all about the basic leak/vent rate of the mask or pillows, and that doesn't change in my particular case, I've decided to leave it alone where the tech set it.

The Nano does make me look like Peppa Pig, so my granddaughter will approve.

Respironcs masks have the resistence setting on the mask.
0 is for non repironics masks.
The resistence setting has nothing to do with vent or leak rate.
With respironics masks it tells the machine how much pressure loss there is due to choke points ie small tubing, etc causing resiatance to flow between machine and mask. The machine then compensates for that.

Its not a huge deal with ffm or nasal masks cuz all pr masks of that type use x1. Even the total face.
Its a bigger deal when using pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Dreamstation) Flex algorithm is out of sync with my breathing skim 12 2,949 02-28-2022, 08:18 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Respironics PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto with A-flex aavenger 6 1,350 11-12-2021, 06:03 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Question re: Virtuox Ultra test with RemStar Auto A-Flex tonight. Help, please. Helena 2 844 08-30-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Helena
  [Equipment] Help solving power issue (REMstar Auto A-Flex cycling off/on during use)) RhythmMachine 2 877 07-13-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: RhythmMachine
  Noise from Remstar Auto A-flex Greg Schultz 2 858 05-15-2021, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Greg Schultz
  Respironics remstar Pro c-flex system one card won't download staduimjunkie 7 2,367 01-25-2021, 04:50 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  [Pressure] C-Flex , C-Flex+ or A-Flex lobo405 7 3,168 12-23-2020, 04:34 AM
Last Post: lobo405

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.