Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flex
Flex
Last week I mentioned in a post that the cpap machine made increased my respiration rate by more tha double. This made me feel as though I was chasing the machine all night. It has caused a lot of discomfort.   
I discussed this at my appointment at the sleep Doctors this week.  She admitted using  cpap herself and said to turn off the flex. "Trust me" she said. 
It has made a huge difference.  I wish I knew this a few months ago.   I'm glad to know now,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flex
Flex is ran by some murky corporate secret sauce that doesn't logically compute to repeatable good results. So I'd agree, if the results are better without it, let it get lonely by itself.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using flex, I feel like I'm having an asthma attack. I'm not a fan. I keep it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do have to ask: is the respiration rate that's doubled a real doubling stat? There was some stat that was reported of sometimes falsely showing doubled as something was interfering with a true reading. I do not know which it was or if it's still an active issue.

This does not change my earlier comment to leave off the Flex if you like it better without.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There isn't a stat showing for respiration rate as you know. I just zoomed in to the flow rate several times a night over several nights and counted the breaths per min.    They were always in the 20's per min.  I counted my resting rate sitting in a chair relaxing counting with a stop watch running and did the math which came out to be about 10-12

I don't feel as though I am gasping for breath at night since turning that off. Also the pain in my lungs during the day has subsided.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flex, Humidity and Ramp are all comfort items.  Some people use them and some people don't.  There is no right or wrong answer, just personal comfort.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Dreamstation) Flex algorithm is out of sync with my breathing skim 12 2,875 02-28-2022, 08:18 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Respironics PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto with A-flex aavenger 6 1,318 11-12-2021, 06:03 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Question re: Virtuox Ultra test with RemStar Auto A-Flex tonight. Help, please. Helena 2 821 08-30-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Helena
  [Equipment] Help solving power issue (REMstar Auto A-Flex cycling off/on during use)) RhythmMachine 2 854 07-13-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: RhythmMachine
  Noise from Remstar Auto A-flex Greg Schultz 2 828 05-15-2021, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Greg Schultz
  Respironics remstar Pro c-flex system one card won't download staduimjunkie 7 2,338 01-25-2021, 04:50 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  [Pressure] C-Flex , C-Flex+ or A-Flex lobo405 7 3,103 12-23-2020, 04:34 AM
Last Post: lobo405

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.